Someone's using my baby name!!

baileybubs

Reaction score
Hi ladies (and any gents if there are any reading!)

I have a dilemma, me and df settled on the name Ethan pretty much as soon as we found out we were having a boy. There's no reason for it other than we both like it!
I have just found out that my cousins baby mamma, who is due the day after me, will be naming their baby Ethan!! Now my cousin has split with this woman and she is being a cow and not involving him at all and saying he's basically barely allowed to see his son for the first XX amount of months whilst she breast feeds and that he has no say in the name, and won't even call him when she's in labour, she says he will find out his son is born when she puts it up on Facebook. Now I don't know the ins and outs of their relationship but to me it's sounding like we will never really get much chance to even meet my cousins son as they already live miles away from us too.

But I just hate the idea that another great grandchild will be born at almost the exact same time and have the exact same name!! Am I being silly?
Wwyd? Do I still use the name Ethan or choose another name?

Tough one, as you're unlikely to have a close relationship then I don't think it's a major issue, however I know what you mean about another baby I. The family with the same name. If you are close with your cousin then it may be a bit of a sad reminder for him? That said, if you feel strongly about his name and feel that he is an Ethan then I'd prob still seriously consider it x

I think my df wants to use a different name now too. Me and my cousin aren't really close but we do see each other and I think I just feel like the two Ethan's will constantly get compared whenever we see that side of the family. Or like you say it might be worse and if he never gets to see his son then mine having the same name might be a horrible reminder when we do actually see each other.

I think in my heart I'm going to pick another name. Or at least come up with a list and see whether a) my cousins son is born first and she actually does name him Ethan and b) whether I think my son is an Ethan when he is born.
I do know that I called my dd by a nickname during pregnancy of Millie (Emilia is her actual name) but now I never call her that as it doesn't suit her, so maybe he'll be born and I won't think Ethan suits him anyway lol!

That's why I have not told anyone besides family what names we picked out. I have heard horror stories about friends telling other friends what name they would use if they had kids, and those friends would steal the name. Granted, I did just post what we picked lol! I know how it feels to have a name picked out for so long, and then someone else uses it, so it just doesn't feel right anymore :(

They don't know that's the name I've chosen though as we haven't announced it either, they just announced it and it's the one we had decided on and had been using rather than calling him baby or bump lol. So they haven't stolen it but have just by chance chose the same one, and now they've announced it it will look like we have stolen it if we use it!

But we've actually found another name we like anyway so I'm just going to see when he born what we think. Maybe he'll definately be an Ethan and I'll just use it anyway lol! I just hate the idea that they are gonna be compared enough as it is by my family as they will be born almost the same time, without having the exact same name too lol!

Good name choice it was our number one too :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"