Something is seriously wrong with Aidan *UPDATE PAGE 4*

Aidan's Mummy

Mummy to Aidan and Oliver
Reaction score
the health visitor came today and she weighed him when he was born he weighed 8lb 5oz and then before Christmas he weighed 8lb 11oz. And now he weighs 8lb 4oz thats less than his birth weight. I'm so worried:cry::cry:. I have got to take him to a health clinic at half 3. I just don't get what i've done wrong he has been feeding properly and everything. How could i not notice this??
:cry::cry::cry:

:hugs: Is he BF or FF? I'm sure if he's not screaming constantly then he isn't starving x

That is strange.. Have you tried making bigger bottles up and offering more?

He does have a good birth weight... that might have something to do with it, but i ould think he should have gained a little?

Have you double checked the number of scoops per ounce that you're using? Just to make sure it's correct. Also have you considered that the HV weighed him wrong? I've heard of it happening.

Very strange!
I really don't know what to say exceot that maybe his birth weight was wrong? Or your HV measure was wrong...
If he's eating normally and healthily I can't see what would be wrong with him,don't worry :hugs:

that is strange espec if he is eating fine...does he have 5oz every 4 hours or so?
i reckon her scales were wrong x

Scales can be different in different places. When Caitlyn "put on 8oz" or so in 3 days the hospital assured me all scales are different and it was almost certainly the scales being wrong.

Hope it's nothing serious a just an error with the scales. Thinking of you

Good luck, hope all is ok.. HErmione dropped from 7ib 14 to 7ib 4 and stayed that weight for 3 weeks. she has now caught up and all is fine, they didnt know why?

You've done nothing wrong! Loads of things can make a huge difference to their weight while they're still small - different sets of scales, time of day...if, for example he'd just had a 5oz bottle 5oz to his weight. Sam was quite big at birth (8lb 13oz) and his weight was all over the place at first - he gained weight really well straight away then had a few weeks where he hardly gained anything.

If Aidan is feeding well, having lots of wet and dirty nappies and seems healthy I wouldn't panic about it - you'll probably find he's put on loads of weight next time he's weighed :hugs: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->