something strange is going on with our electric...

lucy_x

Mummy To Two Stunners
Reaction score
Our bill is £100 a month :shock:
We dont own a tumble dryer, i do 3 washes a week (calculated at 0.11p per wash...yes i am that sad! :haha:)
all standbys go off. We dont do anything out of the ordinary and we live in a 3 bed semi...

I looked at our unit consumption an hour ago...Went back and 5 more units have gone on :shock:

It used to cost £20 a month...I cant believe it. we had a new meter fitted back in april as i couldnt believe it then....

how much is your elctric a month... What if someone has tapped my line :shock: :dohh:

i always think that someone is tapping into ours too lol! We pay £135 for duel fuel but we only have a 2up 2down house and before i started maternity leave we were out of the house from 730am til 6pm and went bed about 11pm! X

I work for an energy company hun, ring yours up and ask where your electric is being wasted.

Also, ask if you can have a monitor fitted, it shows you where the energy is being used, how much is being used etc.
They say it can cut your bill by 10%, i know its not alot, but £10 monthly adds up! x

We pay £103 per month for gas & electric, we live in a 2 bed semi, never turn the standby's off, have 3 fishtanks constantly powered, and hubby always has his motorbike on charge in the garage....

I'd say you definitely have a problem going on there!!!

I pay £65 a month gas and £55 a month Electric for a 3 bed house
I cant make any savings though by going with a company for both the electric and gas as we are not on mains gas as we live rural....its a new build house and a tanker comes every couple months to fill a large tank underground that feeds all the houses, we are still on a meter and we pay our bills through calor gas. That does seem excessive I would try and get it checked out

Yeah I agree, that sounds dodgy! I would ring the company and ask to have that checked out.

we have a pre-pay meter in and use £10 a week... yours sounds incredibly high!!
we have a gas meter in too and used to pay £50- 70 a week on that (only gas is the cooker and boiler!) the elec company kept telling us there was no problem and our boiler is supose to be a low cost combi... so we got a log burner fitted in and never use the heating and now only use £10 a week on gas!

our electric bill just came back as the lowest we have ever had on record. $87.78 WOW!!

we are between £10-£15 a week so £40-60 a month and i do two wash and dry loads a day and theres usually someone in with the tv on so i'd ring the company your with £100 a month sounds quite high x

we live in a 2 bed ground floor flat we have a pre - payment meter. we have a tumble dryer and do a wash a day. im in most days and we use £40 electric and £40 gas! id say there was something wrong! x

i got mine wrong we were paying £196 per month duel fuel. We stopped saying by dd in September and received a bill 2 weeks ago for £290 for usage between September and December! Iv just called them to set up a dd again and its gone down to £108 per month duel fuel! How can they justify it? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->