Sometimes being a lesbian SUCKS

ace28

TTC #2
Reaction score
Just a small rant to say: being a lesbian is great and I love my wife (smooches, hunny!) but DAMN it would be nice to have quick access to free sperm!

I'm ovulating. RIGHT. NOW. And in spite of both of us desperately wanting baby #2, there is absolutely nothing we can do about it. Our KD is three hours away and we don't have the funding to pay for the trip, the hotel room, etc, PLUS can't take time off work. Bah.

So here comes another TWW, only this time with a zero percent chance of pregnancy at the end. It's days like these where it's really tempting to walk into a bar, have some alcohol and find some nice, random guy...

kidding. just kidding.

but damn.

I hear you... we are currently waiting to try for our first, and we both want a baby, badly! However much of this waiting period is because of the lack of :spermy:

We would love to go through a clinic etc. But cannot afford it so now are about to embark in our search for a KD online :wacko:

We haven't even begun the long process ahead but just researching has me hitting my head against the wall wishing there was an easier way. Sigh. Whatcha gonna do...we love the OH's so we have to remember it is well worth it in the end.

I hear you... we are currently waiting to try for our first, and we both want a baby, badly! However much of this waiting period is because of the lack of :spermy:

We would love to go through a clinic etc. But cannot afford it so now are about to embark in our search for a KD online :wacko:

We haven't even begun the long process ahead but just researching has me hitting my head against the wall wishing there was an easier way. Sigh. Whatcha gonna do...we love the OH's so we have to remember it is well worth it in the end.

this is true! If you feel like talking about the process of selecting a KD, PM me. We had great success with our first LO through a free site that's out there, would love to share our experience! we are currently looking for a second donor a bit closer to home; first was out near where you are actually. :)

Awesome, thanks! Just joined a free site this weekend and so far still feel a bit overwhelmed with it all. We are still waiting to try till at least next year (moving into a place of our own in December) but honestly have got no idea how long the process of finding a donor is going to take etc. So we (ok mainly just me lol) are planning ahead.

Awesome, thanks! Just joined a free site this weekend and so far still feel a bit overwhelmed with it all. We are still waiting to try till at least next year (moving into a place of our own in December) but honestly have got no idea how long the process of finding a donor is going to take etc. So we (ok mainly just me lol) are planning ahead.

It's definitely smart to start now. It can take awhile to find someone, chat with him, meet up, do a pre-donation contract if you're going to, etc etc.

Then again, you could find someone out there right away- and if they're a good donor, they'll understand that you have a timeline and be willing to wait.

I just wanted to tell you guys to HANG IN THERE! My wife and I have been together for 12 years and in a civil partnership for 6. We decided that we wanted to try for a baby about 5 years ago and had NO IDEA where to start!

It was especially hard because we wanted to enter into a co-parenting relationship because (our personal choice) we felt that number 1 if we really want to have a family but cant have one by ourselves, then there must be guys out there who want the same so why cant we help them too. And number 2 what gives us the right to deprive a child of knowing their father, roots, heritage and other family members.

Long story short we joined a website 2 years ago and spent a long time meeting up with potential fathers. We met 7 in total and eventually we found the perfect guy who is also in a civil partnership with his husband and they have been together for 8 years.

As it is a co-parent relationship there were a lot of details to work out before we started as well as testing for both him and myself health wise. When everything was put into place they even moved 40 miles so that they could live just 5-10 mins from our house.

We did home insemination using Fertility Friend and a Clearblue Fertility Monitor for 4 months in total and fell pregnant in the 4th month of trying! I am now 11.5 weeks pregnant and we are all really excited.

Good Luck Girls! xxx

I don't think being a lesbian sucks, I think being a single girl sucks too!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->