Sometimes I hate having hope

MillieJoan

WTT for #2 late 2013 :-)
Reaction score
I had my 2nd hcg draw today, and just found out my level is 63 at exactly 4 weeks. Three days ago it was 46, so obviously it's not doubling as it should :cry:

I'm devastated, but not surprised. I'd been taking hpts still, and though the line initially got darker (these were frer tests), they plateaued for several days at about half the darkness of the control. This is the same thing that happened in a previous chemical pregnancy, so I knew there was a good chance that was going to happen again.

I had a miscarriage at 10 weeks in April, and a chemical back in September. We conceived our daughter without any problems, but ever since my period came back after she was born, my hormones have been totally out of whack. My OB put me on 200 mg prometrium this time, but obviously it wasn't enough to save the pregnancy.

He did say there is some hope, as he's seen a few women whose numbers didn't double properly go on to have healthy babies. But I almost wish he hadn't said that, since it's making me google remarkable success stories of slow-rising hcg, and sometimes having hope hurts worse than being resigned. :nope:

I'm sorry; I don't know why I'm writing this except that I have to get it out and I know you ladies will at least understand what I'm feeling.

I know it's not much help, but there really are many women that don't double their hcg's the "textbook" way, but go on to have healthy babies. My levels only went up 37% in 48 hours. Hang in there! :hugs:

I totally get you! I have been in a very similar situation. I had 4 m/c's before my daughter and 3/4 times it was the same - tests only getting to a certain darkness and hcg not doubling. Each time I knew in my heart how it was going to end but I always had hope. Sending :hugs: your way x

Hi MilliJoan, I understand what you say about hating to have hope, Especially after miscarriages and chemical pregnancies...it is so hard. My first HGC reading at 4 weeks was in the 60's too. Maybe it's slowly rising because you caught the pregnancy early? Is the Dr. going to continue monitoring your HGC levels? I know the waiting is torturous. Here's sending a hug and good vibes your way.

I'm so sorry your going through this, I really hope you have a positive outcome. I'm keeping everything crossed for you xx

Hi MilliJoan, I understand what you say about hating to have hope, Especially after miscarriages and chemical pregnancies...it is so hard. My first HGC reading at 4 weeks was in the 60's too. Maybe it's slowly rising because you caught the pregnancy early? Is the Dr. going to continue monitoring your HGC levels? I know the waiting is torturous. Here's sending a hug and good vibes your way.

He said we'd recheck the levels next week if I haven't miscarried. I am getting my progesterone tested tomorrow, though, just to see whether the pills are working or if I'll need a higher dose in another pregnancy.

Thank you, all of you, for your kind words :flower:

I'm sorry hun. Really hoping for positive news for you by your next draw. Sometimes I've seen levels not double at first but then more than double in a few days and go on to have a normal pregnancy and healthy baby. Hope this is the case here. Best of luck hun. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->