sometimes old life has to pass before new life can enter the world

bridgetboo62

expecting #1
Reaction score
after five months of trying to conceive unsuccessfully
i just relaxed went with the flow and didnt think about it
i stopped forcefully doing the deed during my suspected ovulation dates
i did not obsess and did not symptom spot
my first clue was a few days before my missed period and that i was eating a ton and had sore boobs when dh tried to touch them during BDing (sorry tmi) but i just thought about it being a possible pregnancy sign it once and didnt obsess over it
my biggest clue was that i thought i was suppose to start my period on the 26th and when i didnt start on the 27th i took a frer with fmu and it was definitely bfp and then same day i emailed my doctor requesting a blood test and she put in an order to the lab for me to get my blood drawn and i got it drawn that same day on the 27th and that night around 9pm i got the test results back online and my hcg was at 79 now my first prenatal appointment is on june 19th and i will be just a couple of days shy of 8 weeks
i know it frustrated me a lot when people would say just relax and it will happen when you arent thinking about it and hoping so hard for it and when you are not expecting and i was always like how can i relax? how can i not think about? ugh
but that is how it worked out for me
my periods for the first two months after going on the nuvaring in november were 28 days long and the last four have been 31 days long
i started my last period on the night of the 26th and i dont temp or anything just track ewcm and i noticed ewcm a few days before we had to put my dog down at 1am on the 15th the only day me and dh dtd was that same night/morning when we got home at about 3am
and according to ovulation calculators i should have ovulated on or around the 12th or the 13th
so i thought we had completely missed out this cycle
that probably helped keep my mind off symptom spotting and obsessing too as well as my dogs death
i grew up with that dog we had him since i was 9 (11yrs or so)
he was soooo sick and suffering of cancer he stopped eating and lost 12 pounds in a week he is in a better place now
as sad as it may be
i personally believe that in order for new life to enter this world old life has to first pass out of it
my parents tried to conceive for nine years and had miscarriage after miscarriage after miscarriage then my dads mom died and immediately after they conceived my sister ashley
this baby is gilbert's (my dog) gift to us
dont stop trying never give up hope
:hugs:

Bridget,

Congratulations on your BFP!

But while this is lovely news for you and yours and I wish you a very happy and healthy pregnancy, 5 months isn't LTTC. Not even if you're over 35.It may have felt like a long time for you, but LTTC is generally over a year (or 6 months if over 35) no BFPs. Your success is a success, this is not the story (nor the advice) I would want to share with my family member who has been trying for over three years.

If the words 'months' was meant to be years, my congratulations change not one whit. No matter when it happens, it is wonderful news and everyone on BnB wishes you the best.

If it's not a typo, you'll find a better reception for your news in TTC.

Again, my sincere congratulations to you and your growing family.

Chelle

im sorry i thought this was just a place for success stories! i didnt know it was a place specifically for those who had been ttc for over a year/6mo if over 35. im new to this site and my sincere apologies if i have offended anyone in any way. thank you so much for the congratulations and politely filling me in on this information. i really do appreciate it. should i remove this thread? can i remove it? if so how? i dont want to cause offense or discomfort to anyone.

When all you see is a blurb on the side it's easy to get confused. Or it's pregnancy brain hitting early.

I'm sure Wobbles will move it to a better spot soon. She's pretty awesome.

Congrats again - I'm sure you'll find a lot of bump buddies over in the First Trimester board!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->