Son ill virus or more serious?

julietz

Reaction score
Hi, i know things go round this time of year, but this morning my son woke with a headache so i gave him some paracetamol and told the teacher to ring if it doesnt go, anyway they didnt ring and when i collected my son from school he was crying with the pain in his head, i was furious that they didnt ring me and told him that they will see how he goes, i wish i hadnt put him in school now, i gave him some more paracetamol when we got home but he then vomited twice since, and has hot and cold fever, iv been the a & e a few times in the past and sent home with it being viral, but he has never had aheadache so painful, could this be more serious or viral? i cant do anything until my partner comes home cos i have his other brother and the baby, he is having a nap atm in bed and hasnt been sick since, cant help but worry il probably take him later just to be on the safe side but in the mean time im up and down checking on him and seeing to baby etc, i dont know much about headaches in children any advice pls.

Is the paracetamol helping at all with the pain?

If it was me i would probably call someone to chat to them. Are you in the UK?

Hi yes i am in the uk, dads due home within the hour, my son has had a little nap, he couldnt keep the paracetamol tablets down so iv now given him some nurofen and calpol he is 10 yrs old and he is able to keep the medicine down, his stomach is empty so there is no more vomit but if i was to feed him he would bring it back up thats what makes me think viral, im gona give it 15 mins to kick in and see if his headache has gone, there is an nhs line i can ring but baby is teething and very clingy so i dont think id be able to talk, so going to have to do it when partner is home, just wish there was something more i can do poor thing, feel rly sorry for him.

I was going to recommend the NHS helpline - they are brilliant if its anything to do with children (not that i have ever called for an adult!) and never make you feel like you are wasting their time.

Apparently if they have an upset tummy you shouldn't give them neurafen as it's irritates the tummy.

If he has a headache, with a stiff neck...I would go right away - immediately. Is he lethargic?

Thanks for the replies, it turned out to be a viral he is much better in him self today, he didnt have a stiff neck etc just drowsy with the fever but once i brought it down he felt better in himself, cant be to careful with things going round im just glad he is feeling better and out of bed eating etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->