Son now weaned at almost 22 months

susannah14

Reaction score
I have a mix of emotions about it, I will miss it but I feel that it's time. This forum has been a great resource for me so wanted to say THANKS for all the help over the last 22 months. BFing has been a wonderful experience and NOBODY SHOULD BE AFRAID TO NURSE PAST 12 MONTHS!! It's great. :cloud9::cloud9:

Anyways, pointless post but feels weird to say that I'm no longer breastfeeding. :cry:

Huge well done! I'm loving BFing past a year. Seems even more special somehow.

I can't imagine DD weaning.

Can I ask how it happened? Was it gradual or quite sudden etc? How do you know when it's time. I just can't fathom DD not have boob! Lol.

Aww well done on breastfeeding for so long. Such a special experience! :)

Huge well done! I'm loving BFing past a year. Seems even more special somehow.

I can't imagine DD weaning.

Can I ask how it happened? Was it gradual or quite sudden etc? How do you know when it's time. I just can't fathom DD not have boob! Lol.

Sorry, I never came back to check my own thread. :blush:

It happened gradually, from 18-22 months he didn't cut down the NUMBER of feeds, but drank less and less milk at every session. Towards the end it was barely a trickle and I was being used more for comfort. I was fine with this for awhile but I decided enough was enough.

One morning he nursed from one side, never got a let down and then just walked away without even trying the other side. I decided that today would be our day to wean. That night he asked for "tatas" and I said "No more tatas. Tatas are for babies." He pondered this for a moment and then he giggled! Over the next week he asked for tatas twice more, and each time I repeated "Tatas are for babies." He never asked again!

I was really surprised that he never cried and never got upset that I wouldn't give it to him. I think he was ready. Also nothing else about our relationship changed. He still loves to cuddle and I'm still his favorite person in the world. :cloud9:

ETA: You should be proud for going past 12. I also thought it was more special that I was still nursing even when I COULD switch to an alternative. I knew I was doing what was best for him and that made me happy. He's actually still drinking breast milk because I had 1700 oz frozen. I hope it will last until he's 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->