son off to afghan :’(

dumbo1976

Reaction score
Today was the worst day of my life I had to say goodbye to my stepson who has been deployed to afghan.

I have been with his dad since he was 7 years old and look at him as my own... he's 22 and has a lovely fiance and have given us a lovely beautiful grandson who is 8 weeks old.

we had a lovely family dinner at my in laws with my sister in law and her kids and when it was time for him to leave i couldn't let go and sobbed like a baby

He has just text me saying

****I'll come back safe! And I look on as my mum and my very close friend! Xxx all I can say is look after yourself, my dad and my brothers! Xxxx ****

Still sitting here on tears!!!!

Sorry to go on but didn't know where else to turn

xxxxx

Aw you should be very proud of him, I can't imagine how worried and upset you are right now, just try and stay positive and look forward to the date when you'll see him next.
Massive :hugs: xx

Wow what a proud but scary moment. Love to you all and I will be sending extra light and love to those off at war at the moment. Stay strong xx

Ahhh, so sorry he has to go. I have a few customers and friends who have sons in the army that have toured. I always ask them how they cope every day as I think I'd go to pieces... They say they just have to! Fingers crossed the time goes quick and he's back home with you soon. Xxxx

What a beautiful relationship you have with your stepson :hugs: I can't imagine how scary that must be but I bet you're also bursting with pride. This got me a little emotional! He'll be safe I'm sure and just look forward to when you can give him a big hug. I'm sure his little boy will also be very proud of his daddy :hugs:

Aw big hugs. Are you on any forces family support sites? If you google them plenty will come up. They helped me so much when my sons dad was deployed. Hope it fly's by for you all x

:hugs:
theres a support page on FB https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=hp#!/groups/174602455966056/ for families of soldiers,
sending hugs to all your family,

I'm sure he'll be home before you know it, and you an your OH must be so proud of him. My sisters BF is going on his first tour later this year, just gotta keep strong I guess

:hugs:

hopefully he'll be able to keep in contact with you! tell him thank you for serving :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->