Sonoline b doppler

Hay1988

Reaction score
So had my sonoline b doppler delivered today (i'm 9+4) and heard babys heartbeat at 175 bpm! It took a while as could hear the placenta and my own heartbeat at first. Best £50 i've spent! X

Oh congrats! I've heard so many good things about these but I resisted buying one last time as I'm a bit OCD and I think it might make me panic more, not less! Was your LO's heartbeat difficult to find?

Thanks Mrs HM it took me a few minutes but i watched a video on youtube which said to be careful as you can hear your own heartbeat and the placenta, i found what i think was the placenta first which was like a slow throbbing i moved the probe slightly to the left and there it was. X

Thank you for posting this! My sonoline doppler came today, I'm waiting for OH to come home so I can try it out!

Did you use it with a full bladder or anything? xx

I'd just eaten a mcdonalds and drunk a small bottle of water ha ha. Good luck let me know how it goes x

Mine came today however I couldn't find heartbeat but I'm guessing its too early for me! Congratulations on hearing your baby's heartbeat!

I've had mine a few days and I'm really worried. I'm 11+3 and still can't find the heartbeat. I'm now convinced that something is wrong as everyone seems to find it super early with one of these. My scan isn't till 11th so got an agonizing wait x

Precious77, try eating something before hand i hear that can make baby move around more. I was warrned not to get one as it stresses people out when they cant hear it. I did put quite alot of gel on and it took me a while to find it. How long were you trying to find it? X

I was trying probably for 30 mins. I give a go tomo after lunch see if that helps, and put a lot more gel on, fingers crossed x

@Precious77, I agree with Hay1988, eat something ahead of time. Orange juice does wonders because it's double whammy with sugar and coldness. Make sure you're not too high with the wand, I still find baby an inch above the bone. Lastly, don't feel you need to be gentle, you're not gonna hurt baby. In fact, if baby isn't cooperating at scans they purposely jab at baby with the wand to get them to move.

Yay congrats!!! :D I found mine with my sonoline B at 8+3 but haven't been able to find it since! Little tinker is hiding!!

Thank you, still nothing even after eating and loads of gel:shrug:, I'm resigned to the fact something is wrong now and got to wait a week and half to have it confirmed when have my scan:cry:

precious, can you at least find your placenta?

I could find the placenta last night but not the HB but this morning I found the HB straightaway. Please try not to worry xx

I am toying with the idea of getting one of these... But is it worth it...? I will be 11 weeks on Tuesday (possibly 12) and am already soooo paranoid that i will go for scan in a couple of weeks and there will be something wrong and no baby... Would this put my mind at rest?

It's the best £50 I've ever spent nugget. It's really fab but I promised myself that I wouldn't get freaked out and stressed if I couldn't find it straightaway (like last night)

I think it sort of has a bonding effect, today was the first time I heard the HB and it was just wonderful, made it seem more real if that makes sense?

I agree with Rachie that it's absolutely worth the reasonable price ($50-$60 in the US). In one of my other threads I referred to my Doppler as my BFF lol

Thank you, still nothing even after eating and loads of gel:shrug:, I'm resigned to the fact something is wrong now and got to wait a week and half to have it confirmed when have my scan:cry:

Please don't panic :hugs: I'm sure everything is fine. I find I have to lie really flat, no cushions or anything for my head, I don't usually have a full bladder or stomach either, I think it just depends. I just lie flat and find my placenta, baby is always around there somewhere. It took me 35 mins to find baby the other day and I only heard it for 40 seconds, they are really hard to find and your little bean seems to want to hide! Try again in a couple of days and be patient. Try not to worry as midwives won't use dopplers until atleast 16 weeks for the reason they have a chance of not being able to find the HB and giving mums unnessercery worry xxx

I find it really helpful putting a pillow under my bum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->