Sooooooo indecisive, I could scream!!!

phoebemum

Reaction score
So, just having a rant at myself really ladies because hubby is fed up with me mentioning baby names.

We have for so long been set on our little girl's name of Tegan. I adore it.

Had a few polls on here and those really helped with spelling etc.

Now though, for some reason, I keep thinking whether I love the name enough, will other people like it and I'm driving myself mad.

Not sure if its possible but I think I may be putting myself off the name.

I keep thinking about Eden again which was one of my top names when my daughter was born (she was named Phoebe).

I want to scream!!! and i've still got 4 months to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know how you feel! I was like this when trying to decide my LO's name. When we found out she was a girl we decided on 'Evie' and then that changed to 'Caitlin' and then we went with the name we decided before I got pregnant.. Which was Teagan :D

I know exactly how you feel! I've had so much trouble trying to come up with a girl name for #2, granted, we still have 7 months to go, and it may not even be a girl, but since we are staying team yellow, I am going to need a girl name to take with me to the hospital anyway, and whenever I come up with a list, DH says no to all of them, doesn't give much feedback, and doesn't help either. I've been pestering him to come up with a list too, but he never does. Usually I have to start all over from the beginning, scratch that next list, and start all over again. So far all I got is Victoria as a middle name.

My biggest problem is, I find names I like, but none I actually have fallen in love with that I feel would be "perfect" it was like that when naming my first too, I only found names I could live with, but none I actually loved :/ makes it all the more stressful. Ugh, this name game thing sucks!

I know how you feel about worrying on other's opinions. My biggest thing was people pronouncing the name right, but I try not to worry about what other people may think as I wouldn't want a bad opinion to turn me off from the names I like. The way I see it, I get to name my child, not them, and they will learn to love it over time and see my child as nothing other than the name I have given them.

Btw Tegan is adorable :thumbup:

Sorry for the rant! :haha:

I know exactly how you feel! I've had so much trouble trying to come up with a girl name for #2, granted, we still have 7 months to go, and it may not even be a girl, but since we are staying team yellow, I am going to need a girl name to take with me to the hospital anyway, and whenever I come up with a list, DH says no to all of them, doesn't give much feedback, and doesn't help either. I've been pestering him to come up with a list too, but he never does. Usually I have to start all over from the beginning, scratch that next list, and start all over again. So far all I got is Victoria as a middle name.

My biggest problem is, I find names I like, but none I actually have fallen in love with that I feel would be "perfect" it was like that when naming my first too, I only found names I could live with, but none I actually loved :/ makes it all the more stressful. Ugh, this name game thing sucks!

I know how you feel about worrying on other's opinions. My biggest thing was people pronouncing the name right, but I try not to worry about what other people may think as I wouldn't want a bad opinion to turn me off from the names I like. The way I see it, I get to name my child, not them, and they will learn to love it over time and see my child as nothing other than the name I have given them.

I know how you feel, except, I found a name I think is perfect, but DH shot it down right away. He has now come around to "I'll give it a chance" but I don't hold out any hope. He kind of came up with one, but since he gave me the one, which he "just kinda likes" he doesn't want to spend time thinking of another! So he doesn't like mine, but won't help me pick others!

We aren't finding out, so we have to have names for both.

Dont want to confuse you even more but I think Eden is a beautiful name

Poor you!! It's so hard finding something you absolutely love rather than just like. Doesnt help when other half doesn't help much either. Mine's the same, he says he loves the names we have but says he thinks I'll change my mind anyway so he's not getting too involved just now. He only tells me if he hates a name.

:hugs:

Thanks! I loved Eden when I was pregnant with my first but family put me off it. I'm so undecided!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks! I loved Eden when I was pregnant with my first but family put me off it. I'm so undecided!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha thats what Im paranoid about..
When Im pregnant not telling any family the names weve chosen in case they put me off.

Haha thats what Im paranoid about..
When Im pregnant not telling any family the names weve chosen in case they put me off.

I wouldn't tell anyone now, I'm not doing it this time. I hated the looks from family, it was like they'd eaten a sour sweet when I mentioned a couple of names last time hehe.

This time they have to wait and see!! xx

I think Eden and phoebe are beautiful names sorry especially for sisters has a real pretty ring to it :/ lol

I think Eden and phoebe are beautiful names sorry especially for sisters has a real pretty ring to it :/ lol

Thanks lol!!!

I do love Eden so much but I love Tegan too hahaha. I know I will probably know when she's born but I don't want to make the wrong choice, I just wish I knew!!

For some reason Eden keeps coming back to me and Edie is a cute nn but who knows!!

Does Eden seem more feminine to you lot rather than Tegan?

Especially as Phoebe is such a girly name xx

Just like to know your opinions x

Thank you, I think I agree to be honest, but I just loved that Tegan means beautiful.

This is SOOOOOOO hard!!!

Furious with myself.

Went to bed last night after having 2 months of the name Tegan decided and kept thinking about Eden.

Tegan or Eden...............................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really prefer tegan. They sound the same but I just think tegan has that something extra to it. But then I'm overdue and still have no clue what to call my son so I'm not sure how much I'd listen to me.

I really prefer tegan. They sound the same but I just think tegan has that something extra to it. But then I'm overdue and still have no clue what to call my son so I'm not sure how much I'd listen to me.

Thank you.

I really don't know why I'm so indecisive this time around. It could possibly be that this will be the last child I have and I want to name her right!

REally wanted another girl but would have been so much easier if it was a boy as I had just the one name!!

Good luck with your names and the birth x

Have added a poll to this, would love it if you ladies would vote.

Thank you so much. xx

Oh yeah an Eden is also the name of my local shopping centre so that may influence me against it.

I think Eden is more classic and probably won't sound like a name of 2013 in a few decades in the same way that Tegan will. I think it sounds sweet with Phoebe, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->