Sooooooo indecisive, I could scream!!!

Thank you, that's what I'm beginning to think, Tegan could be a passing phase name??!! Xx

Thanks for all the votes ladies, appreciate the replies too x

Personally I was the same when naming my son. I went back and forth between 2 names and couldn't decide. When he was born I looked at him and just knew what the right name was. Don't beat yourself up for not knowing what to name her.. It's really hard to name someone you have never seen! Just relax and enjoy these last weeks of pregnancy (not that they are overly enjoyable). You will know what to call her when you finally meet her :)

Thanks O:)

Unfotunately I'm one of those people who likes to be organised and I feel like if I'm unsure, I still won't know her name when she's born :dohh:

I don't want friends or family to know what are the possible choices. (Did that last time and people made funny faces etc and it put me off). That means I can't ask them which is why I'm wondering what others opinions are.

I think Eden may be more feminine??!!

Phoebe (my eldest) is such a girly name that I don't want to burden another wtih a name that's very weird or a passing phase name.

I'm just worried that I still wont decide when she's here and she'll be nameless for ages!! xx

In that case I know lots of girls my ages with the name Tegan. I personally don't like the name.. I don't think it's modern or a phase.. Eden on the other hand I only know one of and personally prefer it over Tegan.

I really like Tegan. I think its feminine sounding and I don't think its a passing name. I knew someone in elementary school with the name. The reason I don't like Eden is because it reminds me of the Garden of Eden and for some reason I just think it's weird to name a baby the same name. Just my opinion though.

I know what it's like trying to decide between two names. I'm due any day now and I can't decide between Seveah Rae or Elena Rae. I like them both so much I'm thinking about going with Seveah Elena Rae. : )

I like Tegan best! I understand how you feel, I too feel like I have to be prepared for everything. I say just pick one and keep an open mind in that you might decide that it doesn't fit her when she is finally born-in which case you would obviously go with the second choice ;)

I really like Tegan. I think its feminine sounding and I don't think its a passing name. I knew someone in elementary school with the name. The reason I don't like Eden is because it reminds me of the Garden of Eden and for some reason I just think it's weird to name a baby the same name. Just my opinion though.

I know what it's like trying to decide between two names. I'm due any day now and I can't decide between Seveah Rae or Elena Rae. I like them both so much I'm thinking about going with Seveah Elena Rae. : )

Yeah, the garden of Eden is an obvious connection to make but Eden also happens to mean delight in hebrew which I quite like. It's also one of the world's most beautiful roses! Its a gorgeous pink with pale white in it. If anyone wonders about the meaning then they know were not religious anyway so they'll have to make up their own minds :winkwink:

I think elena is lovely xx

In that case I know lots of girls my ages with the name Tegan. I personally don't like the name.. I don't think it's modern or a phase.. Eden on the other hand I only know one of and personally prefer it over Tegan.

Thanks. I wasnt asking if you liked Tegan though :winkwink:

I would prefer if people didn't tell me they didn't like my name choices just which they preferred. It's obviously very important to me and I would rather not be put off with people saying they don't like a name.

Thanks for your opinion though. I notice you're in Australia too. I suppose "modern" or "phase" names are very different over there to the UK x

I'm in the U.K and have a 9 year old Tiegan. We call her Tiegan, Tigs, Tigger, Tixylix, Tigsy....lol lots of options! I still love the name 9 years on and she loves her name too. :thumbup:
I am considering Eden for this lo but made the mistake of telling in laws who did the ugh sour lemon face. OH is also not convinced as there is a player for some football team called Eden so now he thinks its a boys name. :fohh: i still love it though, especially with a really girly middle name like Rose or Violet.
Not much help sorry but just wanted to sayi love them both!!

Thank you!

We must have the same choices of names!!

Tiegan was one of the spellings I was considering too.

I definitely think Eden is more feminine, just tell oh he'll have to deal with it :)

If you google Eden rose it was a rose developed in France about 30 years ago. Was voted the world most beautiful rose, its gorgeous! I think that would be a lovely name xx

Ooh will have to have a look!
Eden Rose was the name i was set on and oh liked it til someone at work mentioned this footballer....:dohh: now he's completely gone off of it.
What middle names were you thinking of for either name?

Your baby, your decision.... don't let family put you off a name!! They'll have no choice but to get used to it!

Exactly! It was family that put me off Eden first time round and I think that's hey I keep coming back to it.

This will be my last pregnancy so last chance to pick a name I love.

We will be going with middle name Iris as its a family name.

Xx

If you google Eden rose it was a rose developed in France about 30 years ago. Was voted the world most beautiful rose, its gorgeous! I think that would be a lovely name xx

That is such a beautiful idea!!!!

Thanks ladies.

Definitely looks like Eden is beating Tegan in the poll!!

Wish I was sure, thanks for the replies xx

Both are great names! Both beautiful and uncommon but if I had to choose it would be Eden! No wonder you are struggling! Both fab names!

And Eden Rose is one beautiful name! I might have to add that to my list!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->