Sophie Dawn King 24 09 09

bird24

Mummy to Sophie
Reaction score
contractions started at 1am on wednesday 23rd (silly me had stayed up till 11-12am that night watching tv thinking i could have a nice lie in the next morning, how wrong was i)....woke OH at 3am after finally realising i was definetly in labour
https://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx194/kelleroffe25/Picture290.jpg
by 6am they were 4 mins apart so my mum sugguested going to the hospital
i was only 2 cms so they sent me home and told me to come back when i was having 3 contractions within 10 mins
had my tens machine and birthing ball at home....tried to play a computer game (sims) to take my mind off the pain and tried a bath but that made it worse
by 11am we were back at the hospital as contractions were 2-3 mins apart
was on 3-4 cms so had some gas and air in the birthing centre although i was using it wrong as no one showed me how to use it they just told us it was there and then went. Tens machine was helping take my mind off it....couldnt stand up as the pain was so bad
they got the birthing pool ready for me and getting in there helped with the pain and being able to move around a little easier in the water....started to feel like i needed to push so everyone was telling me to push...hours later still nothing so i had to get out 5pm now and only 6cms
has my waters broken and a sweep to help but by 7pm i couldnt take it anymore and i was sooooo tired
asked for epidural and finally at 9.30pm i was taken down to the labour ward for one, they gave me a drip to make my contractions stronger too to help speed things up....they said by 4am i should be fully dilated and ready to push. 3am the midwife checked and i was only 8 cms...everytime they up'd the drip babies heartbeat dropped so they had to lower it
then they thought baby has poo'd then they decided nope that was something else....then the midwife kept looking down there and staying 'oooohh whats that??' she couldnt tell what it was but something was in the way or blocking my cervix...apparently it was actually my cervix all swollen as i was pushing for so long when i shouldnt have been but baby was angled funny and the hard part of her head was coming down first and she was angled to the side causing me to feel lots of pressure in my bowel and feeling like i couldnt do anything but push
checked again @ 5am....still 8cms so doctor advised a C section...i agreed, got prepared and then went to theatre only to be taken back out again as someone else had a very urgent c section needed....had to wait for them to do hers and then finally sophie was born at 7.11am on thursday 24th september weighing 6 pounds and looking gorgeous
so much for my natural water birth but at least she was ok :)

cant believe i'm a mummy

:happydance:

https://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx194/kelleroffe25/Picture296.jpg

https://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx194/kelleroffe25/Picture295.jpg

https://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx194/kelleroffe25/Picture329.jpg

Oh Birdy she is a total doll! Congratulations, im so pleased she is finally here!!!

Oh and fantastic middle name choice, Lylah's middle name is Dawn too :D
xxxxxxxxxx

She is sooooooo cute hun! :cloud9:
Well done! :hugs:

welcome to the world Sophie !

congratulations sweetie :)

Oh Birdy she is a total doll! Congratulations, im so pleased she is finally here!!!

xxxxxxxxxx

oh yer, its my mums name and she was so fantastic through everything and such a good mum to me i really wanted to make her feel special

Hope everything is good with you chick x

thats so weird i completely forgot her name was Lylah Dawn because matt liked the name Lylah too how funny would that have been :dohh:

:hugs:

congratulations on your little one and she as a lovely head of hair.x.x.x :hugs:

xxxxxxxxxx

oh yer, its my mums name and she was so fantastic through everything and such a good mum to me i really wanted to make her feel special

Hope everything is good with you chick x

thats so weird i completely forgot her name was Lylah Dawn because matt liked the name Lylah too how funny would that have been :dohh:

:hugs:

Dawn is my Gran's name, she is poorly bless her, so we thought we would use her name.

Oh my god could you imagine, i'd have died if they'd have had the same names!

Sophie suits her alot :hugs:very pretty

xxxxxx

Congratulations! i remember you from when i first joined and im so glad your now a mummyx he is gorgeous! x

She is beautiful, congratulations and well done :hugs:

Im so sorry i missed this... Welcome to the world little Sophie.....:hugs::hugs::hugs:
And well done my friend.....:kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->