Sophie Grace Arnold - Born 5th April @ 09:42 - Weighing 8lbs 13ozs!! Long One, Sorry

mellllly

Mummy to 3 under 4!
Reaction score
Hiya,

Thought I would write this whilst I get the chance!

So being 3 days overdue I started feeling like I was going to be pregnant forever! The April mummies were probably getting really annoyed with me and my hormones!! I want to thank all you ladies (you know who you are!!) You are all the most amazing people I have 'Never' (haha) met :hugs:

Now onto the stuff you all want to read!!

Soo Saturday Morning comes and I am feeling rather annoyed at being PG, Me and OH :sex: in the morning (doggy) for the April mummies that need this detail. We had to go out for the day and we ended up walking around some random town centre. I needed the toilet the whole time I was there and even went twice in the hour I was there. I had been getting backache all day and baby was feeling very low almost like she was going to drop out!
On the way home we pick up some lunch. A Chicken Sandwich Meal from MAccy D's!! YUM YUM, Followed by a Creme Egg McFlurry - My Fave!!

Got home still having backache ran/waddled up the stairs a few times, watched TV, chatted on here, drank RLT, me and OH walked to the shop and back as the weather was quite nice. Chilled out for the rest of the evening.

Dinner time came and I was soo tired with my backache and had felt 'strange' all day (cant explain it) I could not be bothered to cook and I wanted this baby out! haha! Soo Chinese Take Away was ordered (Piggy YES!!) Chicken Chow Mein, Egg Fried Rice, Chicken Balls, Pancake Roll and of course all smothered in Curry Sauce (the whole pot) - This was all shared with OH of course (I didn have full portions of all for myself)

11.30 PM - Tiredness kicks in so I decide to go to bed, OH goes to play on the X-Box.

12.15 AM - I wake up from a little snooze, sit up and feel a gush of something down there. Walked to the toilet with something dribbling down my leg - shouts to OH I think my waters just broke. OH comes running to the toilet 'Are you sure you havnt wet yourself!?' he asks :rofl::rofl:

12.45 AM (Ish) - Started getting very strong backache, similer to period pains but not - All them annoying pregnant ladies that say 'You will know' trust me you will

01.00 AM - Contractions were lasting 30-50 seconds at approx 5 mins apart, still kind of bearable but very very uncomfortable. Updated the April mummies thread (of course). Rang the maternity ward who told me to come in. Got my hospital bag etc into the car.

By the time all of that was done I arrived at the Maternity Unit at around 02.00AM. Was checked over by the midwife who did basic checks (BP, Baby Heartbeat etc) Checks up inside with a funny piece of equipment that looked like a duck :rofl: to open up so she could get a look inside with literally a big flash light. MW confirmed that my waters had broken, but cervix was not dilating (as she pulls the 'duck' out my plug bloody bit of jelly comes with it)she advised me to go home and wait as it could be up to 2 days yet. SAY WHAT!!?? Was advised if the contractions got stronger to take some paracetamol, have a bath, try and have a nap etc and if it really is unbearable to go back in. So at 3am me and OH go home.

Literally the minute I walked back through my front door, the contractions increased in intensity, took some paracetemol, ran a bath as advised. Sat in the bath for a good hour or so, I could not move without bringing on a contraction but knew I had to move. Got into the bedroom and the pain was unbearable - asked OH to get the tens machine out so I could try that, but I could not even wait for him to get it ready I knew I had to go back to the maternity unit to get some kind of pain relief.

So at 5am I am back at the Maternity Unit, MW done normal checks again, baby has turned back to back so MW advised that I will get alot of backache, however cervix at this point was now 5cm dilated!!! Look at me go!! She gets the gas and air canister out and and tells me how to use it.

Contractions were unbearable, by 6.30 they asked if I wanted any more pain relief which I declines, by 6.45 I begged them for some pethadine, which done nothing!!

I think it was by about 9am I had the urge to actually push, So I did, out came her head which was full of dark hair, got stuck half way and then all of a sudden after 1 massive push at 9.42 the rest of her came out and a huge relief to go with it. She had a little cry and was placed onto my chest she was soo calm and content (daddy's attitude) just staring at me, and I was staring at her - the most gorgeous thing I have ever seen in my life!! :cloud9:

Sophie Grace Arnold - weighing 8lb 13 oz - was born on the 5th April at 9.42

The first pic was taken 23 mins after she was born
The last pic is the cutest pic I have ever seen, I wanted to take a picture and she poked her tongue out - makes me smile everytime I look at it :cloud9:

Attachments

• DSCF2135.jpg
    DSCF2135.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 126
  • DSCF2144.jpg
    DSCF2144.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 121
  • DSCF2161.jpg
    DSCF2161.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 207
congratulations and she is gorgeous, the last pic is fab and really sweet

Lou
xxx

CONGRATULATIONS!

Great story hun, little Sophie is soooooo cute.

Mcd's and chinese for me tomorrow :rofl:
X

Aw what a love little girl you have there congratulations. x

Love the detial hun :rofl:

Congratulations once again shes a stunner like her mummy :)

Congrats she is beautiful x

Such a wonderful birth story hun! Congratulations on your gorgeous little girl!

Congrats melly hun, lovely story ...she is gorgeous well done xx :hug:

question though did u manage ok pushing baby out back to back babe?? xx so scared bout this :blush:

Oooh what a cutie!! She has gorgeous dimples, congratulations!

oh WOW Mellly! I don't know what to say - your birth story and the part about when she actually arrived into the world has me sobbing - GORGEOUS!
and she is just SO pretty and cute!!!
you must be very proud!
LP
xox

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583