Sophie might be home soon!!!

katy1310

Mummy of 1
Reaction score
Hello

Sophie is now 37 weeks and has been moved into special care! We just found out she is getting her sleep study on Wednesday and if she passes that and if I can master the feeding for all her feeds over the next few days then she will be coming home!!!!! DH and I are hopefully staying in the unit tomorrow night and Wednesday night so I can try the night time feeds.

I'm a little bit worried about the feeding. She is still tube fed. I tried my first attempt at breastfeeding on Monday last week, and for all the days last week I was allowed to try feeding just before one of her tube feeds. She did latch on and do a bit of sucking but was coming off again and wasn't all that interested.

Yesterday I had another go and she was different altogether - very very interested, doing lots of licking and nuzzling and staying on a lot more and doing lots of sucking. The nurse didn't give her the tube feed and said if Sophie woke up in an hour or whatever looking for food then we'd give her the tube feed at that point. But she slept right through to 1.30 when her next feed was due. That has to be a good sign, as she'd not been fed since 7.30 so she must have been successful when I tried breastfeeding at 10.30?

Please keep your fingers crossed that we can master this feeding and she passes the sleep study...it's been a long 10 weeks since she was born!!!!

xxx

COME ON SOPHIE! :happydance:

Keeping everything crossed! Come on lil Sophie, mummy and daddy want you home!! xxx

Fingers and toes crossed your LO is home soon!

Fingers crossed she passes her sleep study and masters feeding so you can bring your lo home x

Oh wow honey, what a great milestone!! Fingers crossed for you guys and Sophie xox

How exciting! You and Sophie are both doing so well xx

Great news. Don't stress about the breast feeding. It will all of a sudden click and she'll be wolfing down those feeds!

Come on Sophie! Just a little while to go now and you will be home! Good luck! Im sure you will be just fine with it all

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->