Soraya and Odin

picklepumpkin

Reaction score
What do you think of Soraya for a girl (so-RHY-ya) it means princess in Persian.

I absolutely it but I'm worried it sounds like psoriasis
Also hubby likes Odin for a boy. I'm not convinced

I know a little girl by that name it's beautiful.

I know a girl by that name and she introduces herself as 'Soraya, like Psoriasis'. That kinda put me off.
I quite like Odin! I like the mythological associations.

Soraya isn't my favourite, I like the way it looks written down but not really how it's pronounced.

Odin is not really my style but I think it's a cool name.

Not a huge fan of Soraya.

And my dog is Odin, so although I like the name, I don't like it on a human :haha:

I like how Soraya and Odin sound, but you are right, if it's pronounced slowly (and spelled with an O) it sounds a bit too much like "Sore" like a wound or something!!

But it sounds worse in Soren - which is a friends babies name (I really don't care for)

Maybe another spelling would help like Saraya?

I know a lady named Soraya and her step children call her psorayasis; it's good natured, they love each other really, but it's what I think of whenever I hear the name now!
I'm not really a fan of Odin

I love the name Soraya, it's beautiful :) it was/is on my shortlist but OH knows someone who named their baby Soraya so we probably won't use it.

Not sure about Odin, I love unusual names but it sounds a bit... intimidating maybe?

I don't like either name sorry. What about Safiyah? Similar sounding but much prettier Imo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->