Sore boobs

Emma&Freya

Reaction score
My Mum has the girls tonight for me as its mine and his anniversary. When I haven't got my Mia for a bit my boobs fill up and hurt. Happens threw the night too.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Ive got a pump and even that doesn't help throughout the night

There isnt anything you can do. Your body will produce as much as needs to feed your lo so if you arent pumping it will just keep building and might even develop into mastitis. I would just pump until you are empty just before bed and as soon as you get up.

If it's a regular thing (e.g. you normally feel a bit sore/full) during the night, pumping will make it worse as you're telling your boobs that milk is needed. The only way to stop a regular problem like that is to suffer through it really - you need your boobs to feel full so they get the message not to keep making the unwanted milk.

If you're out for an odd night out when normally you would be feeding LO, pumping might help a bit or you could try hand expressing, I've always found it more effective than the couple of pumps I've used (and it's easier to do when you're away from home too!).

You'll probably find it gets easier as LO gets older. By about 10 months, my boobs didn't seem to mind too much if LO missed a feed - I'd be able to tell LO hadn't fed but it wasn't really in a bad way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->