Sore uterus? *update bottom pg1*

PeanutBean

Mumma to B & I
Reaction score
I've got weird pains in my tummy, kind of sore to the touch, mostly below my belly button around the centre to the left. My whole uterus is pretty tender at right now and it was uncomfortable when the MW was feeling about this morning. But this pain is worse for moving about, standing up, and just for the weight of my uterus. Feels a bit like I'm being slowly sliced in two with a knife. too high to be ligament pain.

I wondered about separating abdominal muscles but everything I could find to read said it shouldn't hurt. Anyone got any suggestions? I can't find anything through googling...

Did you mention to your midwife that it was sore to the touch?
I havent had this yet, so i dont know, mabye you could give her a ring if u didnt mention it to her already?

I haven't had this either hun. Sorry I can't help.

I would ring the midwife just to ask about it.

I said it was tender when she was pressing on it. She didn't seem concerned. I said maybe I'm growing at the moment. This midline sort of pain is newer I think. Hurts when I sneeze.

Peanutbean, I had pain just like you describe with my first - and it really felt like I was about to rip in two it was very sore...it turned out to be that the abdominal muscles were separating, diastasis recti, which is quite common. I had to have some physio after the birth to help knit them together. I don't think there is much that can be done to prevent it really although you want to avoid over arching your back or doing any sit up type movements.

(the diastasis recti had NOTHING whatsoever to do with my first being an angel baby though, so don't worry)

Both my sister, and my sister in law have had this too - and we all happen to have fairly short torsos. My SIL actually had some minor surgery to repair hers and out of the three of us she is the skinniest.

I'm not sure if this IS what is causing your discomfort, obviously, but I thought it might help to tell you my experience.

Thanks Shri. Well this is what I was wondering but everything I read was all no, it's not painful at all, so I thought maybe my hunch was wrong. It's interesting about the short torso as I have too, maybe we are more prone to it? I think there are support bands you can get that are supposed to help (with the added bonus of making transverse uncomfortable for baby). Maybe the transverse lie and this pain are associated. I guess I will keep an eye on it and let MW know if it continues.

Yep, I don't know why they say it isn't painful because in my case it most definetely was! I could actually feel them coming apart and it felt like a ripping, burning pain and they were sore afterwards. Now I'm pretty in tune with my body and I found a lot of 'medical' info seems to assume that people are not really in tune with much at all - which is annoying.

This time round, I am using a support band, but also not doing any yoga type stuff or other movements that I know exacerbate it.

An experienced MW can usually tell just by looking at you that it might be what is going on... but that kind of mw seems to be a bit of an exception these days, sadly.

Not experienced this before I'm afraid:hugs:hope you feel better soon

Thinking about it, some time ago I was having a bath and in order to get out had to use my stomach muscles a bit. Had this big mound all down my midline and I marvelled at how odd my stomach muscles were since getting bigger. But now I'm wondering if in fact that was my abdominal wall coming through in between my muscles.

I'm most concerned that if this really is the case then I not supporting the baby when he tries to turn the right way and that this is why he is still transverse.

Well tomorrow I will ring MW and talk with about it and try get a support belt. Maybe doctor/hospital can get be a special one or maybe I can buy one that will support me the right way. I'll see what MW says.

Well I've spoken to the midwife and she has recommended a support belt, need to check on which one, then hopefully can collect this afternoon. She said she can refer me to physio but will be at least a 3 week wait so obviously I need something in the mean time. She said to try paracetamol too and to call her if I'm still have pains.

Glad youre getting something to try and ease it. :hugs:
x

Aww glad you got some answers, hope the pain eases up for you!x

Glad you're getting some help, hope the pain eases up soon for you.
xx

Awwww hun I hope the support belt helps! Try to take it easy and be carefl when getting in and out of bed etc...its easy to use your stomach muscles and not realise you are doing it!

Awwww hun I hope the support belt helps! Try to take it easy and be carefl when getting in and out of bed etc...its easy to use your stomach muscles and not realise you are doing it!

Thanks but not so easy for me now! I really know if I'm using them! Takes me literally about 5 minutes to turn in bed as I ahve to do it in stages supporting my bump. Holding my abdomen when I cough, sneeze and laugh to try to reduce the pressure against the muscles. Also I'm going to have popeye arms soon from the amount of lifting of me they do! lol

Well I got my belt last night and I think it is helping to support the bump but whether it's helping the actual abdominal muscles or not I'm not sure. I've got aquanatal now though so I will probably have a chat with the MW about it.

Thanks for all your kind thoughts! I'm feeling less manic about it - got a bit worked up on Monday night if I'm honest - it's still sore but I'm trying to be more rational!

Glad your feeling better, as for the turning over in bed..its the same for me! and getting out of bed in stages..soo annoying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->