Sorry, ANOTHER Braxton Hicks question...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by McLovin, Dec 16, 2009.

1. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

sorry ladies I know there are loads of threads about Braxton Hicks contractions, but I can't seem to find one containing an answer to this;

How long is the max that one should last?
    I know it's def just Braxton Hicks as it's just that thing where your belly goes all hard & tight, But whenever I've had them before they were really really short/quick.
    These seem to be lasting forever!

I'm not worried at all as I can still feel the little man moving around...... just wondering though

Christ I just realised how much I babbled on there!!! :wacko:

2. Snoopy

Snoopy Well-Known Member

I had something similar last night - lots of BH that seemed to last an awful long time, each time. As of this morning I've had nothing. I normally only get a few a day, but last night they were coming frequently, almost on top of one another. My BH are painful, but I think it's just a case of them getting more intense/prolonged as we get closer to the big day.

If there's no pattern and/or they go away if you do something like have a bath then they're almost certainly just BH :)

HTH

3. apple84

apple84 Well-Known Member

I've had a couple nights where I get Bh 5 min apart for a minute each, but they always fizzle out after a couple hours and I go back to sleep.