• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sorry if I am being really naive..-Updated

Mrs S-M

Reaction score
:-(Is it possible to miss a period?

I am now over 2 weeks late and had 4 :bfn: tests. I am feeling really frustrated I just want to know either way. My friends just keep telling me that it could be down to stress but I am always fairly stressed and have never been more than a day or two late plus I feel less stressed than usual at the moment. I have been feeling really sick over the last few days, headaches, my boobs are bigger and I am really tired.

So anyways I just wanted to know if it is possible to just miss a period when you are usually on time each month or do I need to get myself to the doctors?:?

PS sorry if i have posted this in the wrong forum.
x

UPDATE-
Still no positive test, so went to the doctor today and she pretty much laughed in my face- I dont know whether it was because of my age or what but she basically said its normal to miss a period and just to go back if I miss a few more! Oh she also said that if I was pregnant the test would of said by now. Anyways guess that means I will just try to forget about it this month. :-(

What tests have you been using? When I had my chemical I got negatives on IC but positives on digis. Maybe its that and the pg hormones are not strong enough to show up on the tests you're using???

Hope there is another explanation though xxx

Thats an idea thank you, I have used 2 cheap ones and 2 clearblue ones none of which were digital.
x

I had 9 :bfn: before i got my :bfp: first time round. In fact by the time they found out what was wrong with me i was 16 weeks gone :dohh: Hope your :bfp: comes soon xxxx

Very much depends on your own cycle, you say you have always been "regular" if that was because of taking BCP then I'd say your natuaral cycles could be completely diffrent but if you have been of the pill for a long time or never used it and you were always "regular" then I would as your Doc to check you out.

Thanks for your advice. I have been off BCP for nearly 3 years so def not to do with that. Think I will do another test tomorrow then book an appointment with the Dr. The only other thing that could of affected it was that I was quite ill earlier in the month and ended up taking antibiotics but then stopped taking them over a week ago.
x

Did another test this morning and it was a :bfn: again! will go get a digital one next.

Could be it was the antibiotics or the infection that you were taking them for that has upset your cycle, I'd give it another week or so before calling the Doc.

I was supposed to have AF on jan. 1st but took my temp randomly in December and it was showing that I had not ovulated so I was not surprised when AF did not come on the 1st. I did take a test on the 31st since I planned on drinking. It said BFN. I thought i was having another annovulatory cycle again and on Jan 7th my temp was still low but on the 13th of Jan my temp was high so it turned out that I ovulated really late in Jan. and am now PG. You can miss AF. The longest I went without her showing up and not be PG was 120 days and i had to go to the dr to get on provera to bring AF on. Good luck.

What evidence do you have that you ovulated? Do you chart / take OPKs / track cervical mucus/position etc.?

3 1/2 weeks late and the :witch: finally got me :-( oh well back to TTC I guess!

i wud put a right letter in bout ur doc uknow, u cant treat anyone like that !! :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->