(sorry if tmi!) Periods after c-section question

shirlls

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a bit tmi, I feel really embarrassed posting this but I would just like to know if anyone else has had this after a c-section?

I had an emergency c-section followed by a blood transfusion with my 5 month old. As expected, I bled for a while after having the baby and the blood smelled strongly and really weird, almost like a 'metalic' smell if that makes any sense at all? Not a usual smell, but not a disgusting smell either. Got tested for infection when mentioned it to doctor and nothing was found. That same strong smell has been present with every period I have had since, and it is very strong.

Can anyone enlighten me on this, is it normal, or have you experienced this yourself?

Sorry for the tmi in this post!

I've still not had a cycle yet but that could be due to me being on the depo. Post section I had odd bleeding mixed with clear type liquid also smelt metallic I was told that was normal after a section and everything would go back to normal xx

Blood in general does have a metal smell to it,but not always noticed... BUT, if ur concerned ask to be checked again, its rare that you would have an infection without a fever, so i'd just say its the smell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->