• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sorry, I'm going to bombard you with questions.......

Snowball

Resident badass
Reaction score
I am sooooooooooo tired at the moment. I'm napping at least once a day and I still feel like I can't keep my eyes open. I get so bad that I get snappy, irritable and emotional. Is it normal to be this tired so early on?

Another thing is I'm suffering from the dreaded constipation and really bad trapped wind. I keep thinking it's cramps, only to realise it's gas:blush: Is there anything I can do to releave that a bit.

The last thing (for now:blush:) is I want to book an early private scan just for a bit of reassurance as in my other two pregnancies I've had bleeding between weeks 6 and 8 so I'm getting to the stage where I'm worried I'm going to get it again. When should I think about booking it? Are the waiting lists very long?

Thanks for your help!

The thing about being tired - I am also very very tired, I slept for 2 hours this after noon and two hours in the afternoon the day before. If I don't have a nap I get really cranky

You're going to be tired, your bodies working over time.

As for the constipation and trapped wind, I think foods with fibre in them help. Fruit juices helped me but that's probably not on the medical list of cures lol!

normally I sleep from the time I go to bed at night until 2 pm the next day :rofl:
sometimes I get up when I wake my BF (he claims he cannot hear the alarm) and get something to eat then go back to sleep.
Before I got pregnant, when I was up, I WAS UP! lol. There was never any getting back to sleep. Now I sleep anywhere from 9-13 hours a day. I sleep my life away.. :shrug:

I used to get gas really bad during my first trimester. I never really did anything about it, just concealed it as often as possible :blush:

And wiht the private scan, I think you just need to call and ask them when the soonest day you can get in is. Just try and make sure your available absolutely ANYTIME they can get you in.

Sleep was something id given up along time ago having a 12 month old to look after. Somedays i feel so tierd i could cry but theres no chance of me going for a little sleep. DD goes to bed at 6 so i creap to bed at 8! When the baby arrives sleep would have gone down the pan altogether lol x

I've had bad gas all the thime since being pregnant but I think it was worse in the first trimester. Quite painful. I never used to fart infront of people but now I can't control myself :blush: :rofl:

For constipation you can use milk of magnesia but not too often. There are fibre drinks you can get from chemists too which help a lot or if you're into making up your own cures like me then try a packet of polo mints or lots of gum. The sugars probably not too healthy but it works :rofl:

When did you start to feel really tired? i'm still ttc and i'm not sure if i'm just shattered all the time. Even having time off over Xmas has not helped.

I was and still am tired. I don't nap, but i do go to bed a lot earlier. I'm more emotional now,too. It doesn't take a lot to annoy me or make me cry.

When did you start to feel really tired? i'm still ttc and i'm not sure if i'm just shattered all the time. Even having time off over Xmas has not helped.

Tiredness was one of my first symptoms before I even found out I was pregnant. I thought I'd just been doing too much work but did think it was a little strange.

1 day I had about 8 hours sleep the night before. Worked for 4 hours, slept on the sofa for another 4 hours, got up for an hour for food, slept for another 6 hours, got up for 2 or 3 hours and then it was time for bed! :rofl:

Yes I was the same. A couple of days before I got my bfp I started napping when I got back from work for at least an hour, falling asleep on the sofa and going to bed early. I was getting so tired that I was losing control of my temperature and sitting shaking with the cold (I still do). Don't get me wrong, I love sleeping but I just can't get enough thesedays. I wasn't this bad with my last two pregnancies.

Thanks for the advice, I'm going to go to the shops this afternoon ad arm myself with a few multipacks of mints. At least then if I sit there farting away I will still smell of mints:rofl:

I'm going to ring about the scan next Monday. I'm just so worried that ringing will jinx it. I've not had a pregnancy yet when I haven't had bleeding in the first tri so I'm really worried.

Thanks for replying, i really am just shattered, even over Xmas having ba drink just makes me more tired, on photos i look knackered, big lines under my eyes

Fatigue and being tired is normal during the first trimester. Unfortunately constipation and flatulence is quite normal and this usually lasts throughout pregnancy. Don't worry that you are not having any bleeding with this pregnancy. No bleeding is a good thing.

That link is really goos thanks, i've put it in my favourites

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->