Sorry it took so long! Birth Story :)

vitriolic_vix

Mother of 1
Reaction score
Hi ladies

As promised here is my birth story.... sorry that it took so long things have been kind of hectic!!

So on the 8th March at 11pm I am led in bed watching Tv with my husband and felt this warm rush of fluid. I freaked out because i've bled before in pregnancy and it felt the same so ran to the loo and low and behold i have fluid pouring out of me. I couldn't get off the loo and was soaking pads through! So we ring labour and delivery and they told me that unless my contractions come every 5-6 minutes to stay home and come to my scheduled 10am appointment at the hospital. So we ran around making sure my hospital bag was all set .. i was shaking i was so nervous and excited but managed to get a bit of slept. I was contracting every 12-15 minutes or so but not overly painful.

After talking to the consultant in the morning she decided to keep me in to induce me straight away because of my bleeds & my blood pressure being up. So I went to the maternity ward where they were going to start with a gel but I didn't need it because I had already started to dilate :happydance: That was at about 12 noon. So I sat on my ball trying to get the little lady here on her own terms before they came to get me for the drip - delivery was busy so was told it could be a while. I waited and waited and waited and things started to get pretty painful. But because of the bleeds they wouldn't do and internal to see how far along I was and wanted to wait until i was sent to delivery. I was finally taken around at 2am having only had 2 paracetamol and some gas and air which I hated. The pain was so bad by the time they came to get me i was crying with every contraction - I couldn't help it they just brought tears to my eyes and I was moaning to my husband to make the midwives do something :nope: The contractions were coming about every 4 minutes for 1 minute at that point.

So i'm taken to delivery and given and internal..... 4cms!!! 4cms!! That was IT!!! It turns out that she was back to back and that is why it was so bad. I started to cry :dohh: So they give me the epidural like I wanted and by god it was the saviour of my very soul!! I could have kissed the anethastist!! and am sure I would have if he would have let me! After about 1/2 it kicks in and I can see on the monitor I was contracting but couldn't feel a thing. So this was about 3am by the time all this was done and I was absolutely exhausted. They hooked me up to the drip to get things moving as my water had broken some time ago. I was so calm and relaxed after my epidural and so relieved.

So the doctor comes and checks me again at 4 and i'm 7 cms and another half hour later i'm 9.... but then babys heart rate dropped suddenly and they had to put a clip on her head. I was told if it didn't rise in the next couple of minutes i'd be taken to theatre for a section.. it was honestly one of the scariest moments of my life. But she clung on in there and they thought it was just because i had dilated so quickly. By 6 i'm checked and good to go and told I would start pushing at 8.30. Managed to get a couple of hours sleep as did my husband in the chair.

Then came pushing and I now understand what they mean my the ring of fire! And yes I know i did a no 2 on the table.... and at first felt self conscious but then i was so over it and the midwives were so discreet my husband said he didn't even notice. My epidural had worn off a bit so i could feel the sensation to push a little. The sensation of actually delivering her little body was one I don't think I will ever forget in my life!!!

My beautiful little girl Elena Mae Jones was born on Thursday 10/03/11 at 10.14am weighing 6lb 2oz. A really long labour at 36 hrs in total so was pretty exhausted and very sore after some bad tearing and A LOT of stitches. I got myself a couple of grazes, a first degree tear and a 2nd/3rd degree tear which rather than take me to theatre they sutured there and then by topping up the epidural. Her beautiful little face makes up for it a thousand times over!!

I had to injection for placental delivery and it came out super fast and I barely felt it! It did make me really sick though and all the tea and toast I ate came back!! So was kept in delivery for a while as I had a slight temperature too. We got lots of cuddles and the first feed and my husband was instantly obsessed! :cloud9:

Things are now going ok.. one day at a time and were learning every day.

Hope all you ladies have a fabulous pregnancy and lovely birth. :flower: Although mine was a bit up and down it all worked out in the end and she is hear safe and sound and thats all that matters :thumbup:

Attachments

• P1000441.jpg
    P1000441.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 37
  • Elena 5 days old.jpg
    Elena 5 days old.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0380.jpg
    IMG_0380.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 27
Congrats beautiful baby girl you have :)

awwww what a cutie pie, she is just adorable hunny :flower: hope your stitches heal soon babe and congrats to mum and dad

awwww what a cutie pie, she is just adorable hunny :flower: hope your stitches heal soon babe and congrats to mum and dad

Thanks Welsh! I see that you have your little man too!! I told you that it wouldn't be long for you! How was it?? How your settling into things? :flower:

Awww big congrats! Hope you are healing well. your daughter is sooo cute xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->