Sorry it's late - My birth story...Yellow turned to Pink!!!

KS1977

Reaction score
Well, I can finally now say that I am a Mummy!! Our Yellow bump turned out to be PINK!!! Baby Ella was born on May 8th at 3:35am, weighing 6lbs 5oz. She is absolutely beautiful and I can't stop looking at her.

Here is my story. Sorry it's quite long.....

Baby bump was due on 4th May but held on an extra 4 days. On Friday 5th, I woke up to what I can only imagine was my waters breaking. It wasn't much and I just thought I had maybe wet myself. During the early hours of Saturday morning, I suffered stomach ache....almost as if I needed a number two all the time and no matter which side I laid on, bubs was constantly pushing and hurting my belly button.

In the morning, I noticed a little pink/orange tinge when I wiped and texted my sister to tell her. She told me to get it checked so I rang Triage and they asked me to go in. I went with my Mum and whilst I was there, my BP was high and wouldn't drop. I was sick a few times and kept getting hot. Eventually, I was seen by a doctor and she said she was going to 'examine' me....Actually, she gave me a sweep, and I didn't even know thats what she intended doing. Very sly...thanks Doc lol!

The next thing I knew, they had put a band on my arm and got me to lie on the bed....I wasn't going anywhere. The hospital was going to be my home for at least the next day!!! I had tremendous period type pains and it kept going into my back. No matter how much I rubbed and pressed my back, the pain wouldn't go. The contractions were quite regular....I'd say every couple of minutes or so, for about half a minute....but that timing went out the window and I stopped measuring them as I was so in pain! I was given some painkiller (think it was diamorphine), and it eased a little, but felt extremely sick and drunk! I was really quite out if it. The one thing I did think was good, was that I didn't ask for pain relief, the MW offered and asked if I needed any!

OH was at the footy watching the last match of the season and eventually he came to me at the hospital.…..Men!! I told him bubs wouldn't wait and if bubs wanted to come on match day....It would come! LOL. He was given a mattress to put onto the floor of my room…Gone had the pool birth I wanted. The pains kept getting worse to the point where I couldn’t take anymore and kept asking for more pain relief. As I was going through the labour, OH kept going in and out of sleep and had resting time in between. I can remember the midwives coming in and checking bubbas heart rate as it kept dropping, and my BP was getting higher.

The next thing I remember was being woken up by another doctor sitting at the end of my bed with what I can only describe as a humungous knitting needle….Needless to say, it bloody hurt like hell…she’d popped my waters! After that, things weren’t progressing and bubs was getting distressed. I was only 2cm dilated and it was about 1am at this point. I’d been in labour from about 4 that afternoon….I think! Time was not normal for me and I’d lost all track of it.

OH tells me the rest of the story….I remember being lifted onto an operating table with a mask over my face being told I was going to be put to sleep…I was asking for OH but was being ignored and I whipped the mask away from my face cos I hate them. I know it sounds funny but it reminded me of being at the dentist when I was a kid, having gas and air and I hated that.

The next thing I know, I am being bought round in theatre and feeling extremely groggy. Not knowing if I had a boy or girl, or in fact if baby was OK. OH said that they whisked me off as bubs was brady-cardic and the cord was wrapped around her neck and ankles, and if I laboured naturally, it could take another 8-9 hours and bubs wouldn’t be safe or me, to leave it that long.

Our daughter was born in the early hours of the morning and had skin-to-skin with daddy under a heat lamp for two hours. When I saw my baby for the first time, I was in love…A gorgeous bundle made of half me, half daddy. I was at that point, a Mummy.

Two weeks on and I love her more each day. I would’ve loved a natural birth but either way, she was soooooo worth it. I still get emotional now thinking about it and have a little cry at how proud I am of my ickle princess. Hope all you ladies who are near the end of your birth, have great labour/births and lots of luck to you all xxxx

Thank you for reading. x

Attachments

• IMG_0321.jpg
    IMG_0321.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0372.jpg
    IMG_0372.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0381.jpg
    IMG_0381.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0314.jpg
    IMG_0314.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 49
Wow, sounds like you went through it a bit!
Glad that both you and your girl are well. Congrats :)

WOW congrats!! she definetely knows when to make an appearance whilst daddy was away watching the footie! bless her, she's so cute! x

Aw, she's absolutely gorgeous! I love her name too ^^ congrats x

WOW congrats!! she definetely knows when to make an appearance whilst daddy was away watching the footie! bless her, she's so cute! x

He he thanks ladies...

Yeah the team actually won the league, so daddy had two events happening which put a huge smile on his face...All within the space of 24 hours x

I was so excited to see you've had your baby, congratulations! She really is beautiful. It sounds like a pretty difficult birth but like you've coped with it so well. Huge huge hugs x

I was so excited to see you've had your baby, congratulations! She really is beautiful. It sounds like a pretty difficult birth but like you've coped with it so well. Huge huge hugs x

Thanks Scuffer....How are you? Long time no see lol. Hope all is well....Yeah the emergency c sec was tough and I'm still a little sore. I just can't wait for being able to drive and visit places and to go for long walks xxx

Congratulations on your beautiful baby daughter. Sounds like you had a very stressful time of it but glad you and baby are both safe and sound!

Congratulations she's gorgeous!

I had pretty much the same birth experience last week - distressed baby, bradycardiac, emergency c-section under general anasthetic, baby given to hubby! Hope you're doing ok, if you want to speak to someone who's been thru/going thru the same feel free to message me! :)

Awwww I've been checking daily for this update Hun and I must say uve scared the crap out of me lol congratulations mummy,Ella is stunning xx

Congratulations she's gorgeous!

I had pretty much the same birth experience last week - distressed baby, bradycardiac, emergency c-section under general anasthetic, baby given to hubby! Hope you're doing ok, if you want to speak to someone who's been thru/going thru the same feel free to message me! :)

Aw thanks hun. I'll add you on here. One question....Does your bubba make noises as though she's trying to bring something up? Was a little worried as she makes a grunting sound...C sec babies apparently don't clear all their mucus and i've heard its normal but just thought i'd ask x

Awwww I've been checking daily for this update Hun and I must say uve scared the crap out of me lol congratulations mummy,Ella is stunning xx

Aw thanks hun. I don't mean to scare you sorry lol!

Yep, I had the worse pregnancy at the beginning...MS and Hyperemesis....then have the worst delivery, not natural. Still sore but getting there slowly. Can't believe where the time goes xxx. How are you anyway? xxx

Aw thanks hun. I'll add you on here. One question....Does your bubba make noises as though she's trying to bring something up? Was a little worried as she makes a grunting sound...C sec babies apparently don't clear all their mucus and i've heard its normal but just thought i'd ask x

Yes she does! We've been calling her Piglet for the last couple of days as it's a proper little piggy grunt! Lol I didn't know that was the reason why, but makes sense! She does it mostly when she's feeding as if she can't cope with that and breathing at the same time!

very happy for you. Your baby girl is beautiful

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->