Sorry to post here, just looking for some advice

sweetpea8

Reaction score
Hello,

Firstly can I say how gorgeous all your beautiful babie are and so much love and respect to you all!!!

My sister's 3rd baby was 6 weeks early but he's home and doing very well (a month old today infact - yey!!!). I would like to do a Christmas present involving the hand or foot prints of all 3 children - do you think foot prints would be easier/safer?? And is there any special sort of paint I need to use?

Obviously can't ask my sister but would hate to use something I shouldn't with LO.

Thank you xxx

How about using those inkless wipe kits? I think any paint designed for use with children would be fine. I think feet would be easier. ive been waiting to do Aelias for her baby book but cant work out how to get her to ooperate lol x

I agree. Any kinda fingerpaints safe for kids will be just as safe for a preemie to use! They're tough nuts, you know!

Hope it turns out well!

What a lovely idea! The only thing I would say about foot prints is that most of abbys injections, blood tests and stuff happened in her feet so they were very sensitive to the touch.

We used paint in the NICU, they were fine with this!

Ink less paper is good too, Cast Memories do fingerprint/foot/handprint jewellery at the best price I can find and they send this paper out, you send it back and the jewellery is made. I have one pendant each for the girls

I used paint and all I can say is that I got some really lovely footprints, but there is no way on God's earth I would have got any handprints!

Check how sensitive baby's feet are. I did a fair amount of massage with my LO, so she's quite comfortable with her feet being touched/raspberries blown on them etc., so you might want to sneakily get her used to her feet being touched in a pleasurable first so you can gauge her reaction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->