Sorry, very personal topic TMI

HopeBT

Reaction score
Hey lovely ladies,
Here is a very personal question, hoping to get some insight.
So I am 10 weeks today, and we dtd yesterday for the first time since getting pregnant. We went through an IVF so our docs were very strict and said no sex until 9 weeks.
My question is: has sex changed for you guys since getting pregnant? Im usually very active and enjoy sex, but yesterday`s experience was not pleasant and painful. And now I have some discomfort in the area :blush: Given I still have 30 weeks to go, this was a little disheartening because I like to be close and intimate with DH, and seems sex might gonna be off the table till I give birth?
Anyone experiencing the same or any tips to make things better?
TIA!

I just wrote in another thread that I have no desire whatsoever! Don't even want to be touched to be honest. And I too usually enjoy it, we dtd pretty often (before the pregnancy). Maybe it gets better in the second tri? I hope?

With my son we stayed very active until the end.

With this pregnancy it's been awful. I have no drive and its been uncomfortable on more than one occassion. But we've also had some amazing times, even though I'd rather not be bothered still. I feel terrible for dh but we are only doing it once every 3-5 weeks. Thankfully dh has been patient but I can tell he is frustrated.

We have not attempted sex this time. I miss my partner alot but I had bleeds for the first 4 months and then I got bigger and achy. I also have a toddler who hogs the middle of our bed most nights. So yeah it's not great but hopefully once babies born we can hopefully be a couple again. Just do what is comfortable x

With my first two pregnancies we used to have sex most of the way through and it was fine. But my third one i kept bleeding which scared me! Now im pregnant with this one i dont think OH will go near me lol is frustrating as we normally do it every couple of days! X

Hey lovely ladies,
Here is a very personal question, hoping to get some insight.
So I am 10 weeks today, and we dtd yesterday for the first time since getting pregnant. We went through an IVF so our docs were very strict and said no sex until 9 weeks.
My question is: has sex changed for you guys since getting pregnant? Im usually very active and enjoy sex, but yesterday`s experience was not pleasant and painful. And now I have some discomfort in the area :blush: Given I still have 30 weeks to go, this was a little disheartening because I like to be close and intimate with DH, and seems sex might gonna be off the table till I give birth?
Anyone experiencing the same or any tips to make things better?
TIA!
I think as you progress through preg you my enjoy it more I think our hormones make us hornier 3rd Fri?? I actually had sex hours before birth my son ie sex 9pm labour started 2.50am an birth 12.55pm rarely had sex. I was a lot more hornier I think with no 3 lol hope others are of more help

PS maybe due you trying an using I've an being worried etc may have taken the enjoyment out of it??

I can’t remember the last time we had sex, as my drive has completely gone with this pregnancy! I do feel sorry for my poor DH. :haha: When we did do it earlier on in the pregnancy, I did find it felt uncomfortable sometimes. :( x

I think your body can get sensitive while pregnant, it may or may not last the whole pregnancy. Everyone is different.

I am the same I have a very high sex drive especially compare to my partner. This pregnancy hasn't changed it and we still enjoy doing it.

My first pregnancy though I was completely put off and didn't have sex at all.

Thanks a lot for all your responses, selfish it is, but glad to know I am not alone!
I am still crampy and uncomfortable, so no sex for a while for sure. After that uncomfortable BD, I actually went to my dr and she saw on the US that I was having uterus contractions (scared us to death), and put me on muscle relaxing medicine.
DH doesn`t have a high sex drive, so it is working out ok so far.
Hope everyone is doing well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->