Soy iso - advice on 1st try dosage & timing

J

Just_married

Hi lovely ladies,

Need advice on Soy iso.

Planning to take this cycle, today is cd1, so need advice quickly (sorry!) as purchasing and starting v. Soon.

Any ladies advise on their experience what days and what does should I start trying with? I don't have problem ovulating, but as my cycle is short I am hoping SI will increase the egg size.

All advice greatly appreciated,

Jm x

Well i used soy Iso and i got my BFP :thumbup:

I took 100mg just before bed from CD2-6 so you begin on CD2 and take your last one on CD6 (5 days in total) :hugs:

oh and maybe think about taking it with EPO i took 1000mg until ovulation because soy can dry up cm

oh and maybe think about taking it with EPO i took 1000mg until ovulation because soy can dry up cm

Thanks Jodes, I'll go with that then as it seems to have worked for you :)

Remember I was asking about thyroid medication too in a PM? Well I have read about a few ladies who had thyroid issues but took it anyway and it didn't do any harm. So I'm going to risk it, it's only for 5 days as you say and even if it did have an effect I would just have to up my thyroxine dosage which isn't a hassle and is certainly worth increasing chances of a bfp for.

Have such a good feeling about this month!

And Jodes, hope morning sickness isn't too bad, can't wait to join you x

Thanks Jodes, I'll go with that then as it seems to have worked for you :)

Remember I was asking about thyroid medication too in a PM? Well I have read about a few ladies who had thyroid issues but took it anyway and it didn't do any harm. So I'm going to risk it, it's only for 5 days as you say and even if it did have an effect I would just have to up my thyroxine dosage which isn't a hassle and is certainly worth increasing chances of a bfp for.

Have such a good feeling about this month!

And Jodes, hope morning sickness isn't too bad, can't wait to join you x

oh yeah i remember now haha! GL and i really hope you'll be joining me xx

sorry for being nosey but what is soy iso and epo sorry to ask but any litttle tip helps xxx

sorry for being nosey but what is soy iso and epo sorry to ask but any litttle tip helps xxx

Soy is a herbal substitute for Clomid.

How Clomid works

To understand how soy isoflavones are similar to Clomid, it is helpful to understand how Clomid works. Clomid is not estrogen but it has a similar structure to estrogen. Clomid binds to the estrogen receptor cells in the hypothalamus and blocks them. With the estrogen receptor cells blocked, your brain doesn’t get the signal from the estrogen.

Now you really do not have low levels of estrogen, your body just thinks you do. Why is this important? Estrogen is released from your follicles as they mature. If your follicles are not mature you can’t ovulate. So, what Clomid does when it blocks your estrogen receptors is confuse your body into thinking you need more FSH.
GNRH stimulates the production of FSH. When estrogen levels are low, GNRH production picks up. GNRH stimulates FSH and FSH stimulates your follicles. Then as your follicles mature they release estrogen. Once estrogen reaches a certain point, your body will release another hormone called LH which triggers ovulation.

Since FSH is the hormone that causes your follicles to grow and mature, if Clomid can confuse your body into producing more FSH, it will hopefully induce or improve ovulation

Soy Isoflavones dosage for ovulation induction

In order for soy isoflavones to work in a similar manner as Clomid, they should be taken in a similar manner. Clomid is not taken throughout a woman’s cycle. Instead, it is given for about five days at the start of a woman’s cycle. The standard guidelines for Clomid are to take it either on cycle days 3-7 or 5-9. Most women taking soy isoflavones to induce ovulation take around 150-200 mg a day on cycle day 3 -7 or 5-9. Since there are no scientific studies on the effects of soy isoflavones and ovulation, these are just general guidelines. You should not, however, take this dosage throughout your cycle as it may impede ovulation if taken through your entire cycle.

There is also some data that suggests high levels of soy isoflavones may have damaging effects on the thyroid. If you have a thyroid condition you may want to avoid taking soy isoflavones.

and EPO is Evening Primrose Oil which helps your Cervical Mucus for Ovulation.

xxxx

oh thank you where would i get this from please

I notice you live in Scotland Boots sell them but i will add a link which are good.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lamberts-Soya-Isoflavones-50mg-tablets/dp/B003FGEE4O

and

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lamberts-P...1_2?s=drugstore&ie=UTF8&qid=1326375454&sr=1-2

I took 160mg cd1-5 and got BFP (m/c)

ill be taking 200mg cd1-5 this next cycle.

oh thank you where would i get this from please

I bought mines from Tesco's, only the big 'extra' stores seem to stock it. Go to vitamins aisle, look for Tesco's own brands and for the shelf with yellow labels. I paid £3.99 for 30 40g tablets & they are on a 3 for 2 as well.

Good news if you have a big tesco near you

X

thank you i will try tesco i hope they work for us all xxxxxx

Hey that sounds like I've got to try that!!It sounds less scary than chlomid.Thanks girls x

I also got pregnant twice on soy and I used instead softcups and preseed. I used on 34 mg and used it on the same days as my clomid cycle days 5_-9.

Well I'm cd9 just waiting on ov, gave the soy a go on days 2-6 40/80/80/120/120, only side effect I seem to have had is a few nightmares (I took it at night) so fingers crossed. I just got an email from my close friend to say she was going to ask me to be her bridesmaid but decided not to as she new being pregnant was more important this year. Really hope o don't reach August and not be pregnant or a bridesmaid Lol. Please blooming work Soy!!! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->