soy isoflavone supplements Questions...

2mommiesTTC

Reaction score
My first cycle TTC was a BFN I have been reading a lot on different forums and came across soy isoflavone supplements...does anyone recommend it? has it helped you get a BFP? and does anyone know when to take it?

I have read you take atleast 80mg 3 to 5 days after the start of your cycle for only 5 days...is this correct?

baby :dust: to all who are TTC'ing & big :hug: too

Soy supposedly works like clomid and is really beneficial for those that do not O regularly or those that have irregular cycles. You take it the same way as you would clomid (CD2-6, CD3-7, CD4-8, or CD5-9) but double the dosage (50mg clomid = 100 mg soy). The earlier you start the soy, the more eggs you should produce. The later you start, the better the quality but usually only release one egg. I did take soy for 3 cycles before starting clomid this cycle. All 3 cycles were ovulatory (I have PCOS and ovulate rarely on my own). So, even though I haven't gotten my BFP yet, it did work for me with finally Oing. I would recommend it if you do not have regular cycles or you know you do not O. If you do have regular ovulatory cycles, it could delay O. Hope that helps. Good luck. :flower: :dust:

ETA: Also, if you do take it, I recommend taking it before bed so you sleep through any side effects.

CD 1-5 or CD 3-7 seems to have the highest success rate. 100mg is equal to 50mg of clomid. Also, you can get it at wal-mart for like $10. As for how it works, it blocks the estrogen receptors in your brain (just like clomid) causing your body to think your estrogen is lower than it is, which in turn causes you to produce more estrogen which is needed to trigger your Lh surge and then Ovulation. Pretty much it's supposed to work just like Clomid without a lot of the side effects (i.e. dry cm) but it does have some uncomfortable side effects, which is why some women take increasing dosages each day (starting low) so they can stop before their side effects become to uncomfortable (mainly I've heard of headaches and strong O pains) Also, if you do try it, avoid any and all Soy products for the remainder of your cycle as Soy can cause infertility if taken throughout your cycle.

I used soy this cycle and ovulated for the first time in over a year of annovulatory cycles

GL :dust:

Soy supposedly works like clomid and is really beneficial for those that do not O regularly or those that have irregular cycles. You take it the same way as you would clomid (CD2-6, CD3-7, CD4-8, or CD5-9) but double the dosage (50mg clomid = 100 mg soy). The earlier you start the soy, the more eggs you should produce. The later you start, the better the quality but usually only release one egg. I did take soy for 3 cycles before starting clomid this cycle. All 3 cycles were ovulatory (I have PCOS and ovulate rarely on my own). So, even though I haven't gotten my BFP yet, it did work for me with finally Oing. I would recommend it if you do not have regular cycles or you know you do not O. If you do have regular ovulatory cycles, it could delay O. Hope that helps. Good luck. :flower: :dust:

ETA: Also, if you do take it, I recommend taking it before bed so you sleep through any side effects.

Thanks for the reply ...i actually have very irregular cycles and sometimes I do not ovulate or ovulate later than I should...so I will be definitely buying some this weekend and using it when AF arrives...thank you!!!

Good Luck to you as well!! :dust:

I think it will work well for you then. Also, if I can find it real quick, there's a soy thread in here that might help you with any questions and just support through the cycle. I'll add the link when I find it. :flower:

Okay, here you go: https://www.babyandbump.com/ttc-groups/271211-soy-isoflavones-natures-clomid.html

It's a long thread, so just jump in on the last page, introduce yourself. The girls in there are very knowledgeable. :)

Thanks Stash heading over to that thread now!!! add me as a friend on here!! :)

Thanks Stash heading over to that thread now!!! add me as a friend on here!! :)

hi 2mommiesTTC - im about to start this soy iso supplement aswell so feel free to add me :) im CD2 at the moment and will start CD4 (waiting for it to arrive in the mail).... im on the other thread aswell so i hope we both get BFP's

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->