soy isoflavones or vitex

Nataliieexo

Reaction score
I need help picking between the two. I don't ovulate at all I haven't in the several months I have charted had blood tests to confirm. I'm with the fertility clinic but they are unwilling to prescribe anything to help me ovulate until my bmi is 30 or below I'm working on it but still have a way to go.

Last week I geared up to ovulate, but never got a positive opk although ff thinks I am 5dpo I started spotting yesterday and don't think I actually ovulated at all.

I've had problems all year, my periods last 15+ I have days of spotting before my period actually starts usually about 7 days of it before my period actually starts. Then I could have full flow for 15+ days there was one cycle I bled for 32 days out of 38.
My current cycle was induced by provera as they thought I was having trouble shedding my lining as it was still 11mm at cd19 and I was still spotting at the time and I had a horrendous 13 day period passing clots the size of my palm.
My cycles can be anywhere from 38 days to 60.
My first thought was to try vitex but then I heard of soy isoflavones, the ultimate goal is for me to ovulate for once. I'm tired of seeing negative opks etc! So I'm hoping someone can offer some insight.

I'm so sick of this cycle after cycle.

Honestly, with the variation in your cycles and the 15+ days of period, I would say you'd probably be better off starting with vitex first to try and get your cycles a little more normal, especially if you're not ovulation. While SI are good for ovulation, it sounds like there's a lot going on with your cycles that may benefit from regulation first.

I think vitex usually takes about 3 months to start seeing a difference, but I've read a lot of successful stories about cycle regulation with it.

I have used SI for the last 3 cycles. I do ovulate just later than average and it has brought my ovulation forward so it definitely does do something. Can't say for certain whether it would make you ovulate or not though. But it does take effect from the first cycle you try it so you would only 'waste' one cycle if it didn't work if that makes sense

I think I would try vitex or maca or both together to balance hormones, Soy isoflavones dont work like clomid for everyone but its up to you if you want to try it one cycle.

Thank you, I've settled in vitex for a few cycles to see if it helps. I hope it does.

I was diagnosed with polycystic ovaries after over a year of no periods I used vitex and linseed/flax oil capsules on advice of a very helpful lady in holland & barrett because I had no clue
after 3 months my periods returned but my cycles could still be longer than average 40-50 days and more some months I also had to have ovarian drilling which did help alot

When I was trying for my daughter a good multivitamin & omega 3-6-9 which is very good for fertility seemed to help my ovulation it settled every month at day 19/20 for the first time in years. It's important to stop taking it once you suspect ovulation if trying as I don't believe it's suitable for pregnancy

'Omega-3 acids/flax oil have been shown to help fertility by helping to regulate hormones in the body, increase cervical mucous, promote ovulation and overall improve the quality of the uterus by increasing the blood flow to the reproductive organs'

I was diagnosed with polycystic ovaries after over a year of no periods I used vitex and linseed/flax oil capsules on advice of a very helpful lady in holland & barrett because I had no clue
after 3 months my periods returned but my cycles could still be longer than average 40-50 days and more some months I also had to have ovarian drilling which did help alot

When I was trying for my daughter a good multivitamin & omega 3-6-9 which is very good for fertility seemed to help my ovulation it settled every month at day 19/20 for the first time in years. It's important to stop taking it once you suspect ovulation if trying as I don't believe it's suitable for pregnancy

'Omega-3 acids/flax oil have been shown to help fertility by helping to regulate hormones in the body, increase cervical mucous, promote ovulation and overall improve the quality of the uterus by increasing the blood flow to the reproductive organs'

Omega 3 fish oil is recommended during pregnancy Omega-3s have been found to be essential for both neurological and early visual development of the baby. https://americanpregnancy.org/pregnancy-health/omega-3-fish-oil/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->