Soy isoflavones

Spoomie

Mummy of 1 & TTCAL
Reaction score
Hi all

I have heard mention of these on different posts and am keen to know more. I tried to work my way through a thread on another forum but it was over 100 pages long and I gave up around page 4! Has anyone achieved success in previous pregnancies by taking these? It seemed on the long thread that its main purpose is to regulate the phases of women who have particularly long cycles but mine is a textbook 28 day cycle with ovulation on day 13/14 but still wondering if this is the missing magic ingredient! I'm also taking vitex agnus castus from my herbalist and have emailed her to see what her take is on soy and whether or not it is compatible with the herbs she is prescribing for me. Any info on soy isoflavones and vitex would also be gratefully received

Thanks x

Hi think ive seen you on a few threads :flower:

I had the same text book cycles and ovulated every month but with my age i wanted to try and see if it worked. I took Soy on CD2-CD6 dosage was 160mg then i upped it to 200mg last two days. I did get my BFP on the very first try to my amazement, but sadly mmc'd at 9wks, but there is quite a few ladies on here having successful healthy pregnancies after taking Soy.

Just taken it again now ive got my first af but took it on CD3-CD7. With what i read about Soy back in October you cant take it with agnus castus :shrug:

Here's a more indepth link for info on Soy, but if you google it there's quite a bit out there x

https://fertility-challenged.blogspot.com/2008/07/soy-isoflavones-natural-clomid.html

Hi poppy, thanks for this. I have seen you around too and I actually followed your link in a different post, it was interesting reading. I am also the wrong side of 35 by some years and I feel horribly old. I didn't, until my m/c but now I look in the mirror and I see a dull, tired old person :-( I know I'm not looking after my appearance just now and have tried to gain weight to safeguard a future pregnancy (spurred by a particularly insensitive comment from particularly insensitive gyn to whom we were paying a vast sum of money) so I know I could look younger if I tried, but my eggs aren't young are they, that's the problem. Will speak to my herbalist about substituting the soy for vitex and see what she says. Keep me posted, if you get a bfp then I am DEFINITELY making the switch!

Ahhh sweetie i know what you mean, im lucky to have some children, but my youngest is only 11mth and he was very much a surprise when i concieved him at 39, was born 3wks after my 40th. Other 3 boys are 18,19 & 20 so wanted a little sibling for him and when i got my BFP in November we was over the moon to have been blessed again so quick ( was actively trying for 2mths) Then obviously i lost it at 9wks and was totally devasted, more so because i was scared that was our last chance.

It really hit me hard and i didnt go anywhere, let myself go and thought 'whats the point' but had to snap back out of it b/c thats not going to help me concieve, so back on the TTC train and going to give it a damn good try :happydance:

I will let you know how the Soy goes, im not expecting it to work straight away especially after the MC'd as my ovulation day seems to have moved to earlier and cycle length a bit shorter, but ive read this can happen for quite a bit till your body gets back to normal.

Ive seen a women on here aged 46 and pregnant so we certainly not passed it, hang in there :hugs: we did it once WE can do it again :dust::dust::dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->