Spa/Hot tub during tww/early pregnancy?

babyplease22

Reaction score
Hi everyone. DH and I have finally decided to start trying and the next week his parents got their spa up and running! I'm so happy for them but I have heard it's not good to use a spa while pregnant. Most of the research I've done has said it's because of the high water temperature and not the water jets. The thing is here in QLD it's SO hot weather wise so they have the water set at around 28-31 degrees celsius, lower than the normal human body temperature. So I'm wondering if it is necessary for me to cause suspicion by declining the invite to the spa or is sitting in a cool spa okay? Are the water jets an issue at all? I'm still in the TWW at the moment but want to make sure I am not doing any dangerous to potential bubbas. Thanks in Advance!

Frankly, I wouldn't risk it. I'm sure you could probably sit with your belly away from the jets but you don't want to raise your body temperature from the high water temperature. You're not even supposed to take a hot bath while you're pregnant so I would say that spas should be avoided as well. Maybe you could use the cool spa but I wouldn't stay in it too long.

It's your core temp you have to worry about getting to warm. I would say a hot bath or spa or what not is ok as long as you don't spend more than 20-30 minutes in it. Your core temp does not need to go above 100 if possible.

It's the temperature that's an issue not the jets. Personally I'd avoid it early on, but I did use them for short periods later in pregnancy. Don't get too submerged - if you have plenty of skin out in the cooler air to sweat then that should help keep your core temp stable.

Thanks ladies! They have the temperature set at about 10 degrees lower than normal human body temperature for the summer so it's actually really cold and like gettung in a pool. Didn't end up with a bfp this month anyway so I look forward to enjoying it until my next O. :D

Hey there, just when I found out I was pg (1-2wks pg) I was in Japan and went in an onsen (hot springs). I only stayed in about 20 mins. The tour guide said most Japanese women use the onsen when pg to reduce aches and pains but I know it's not recommended here. You don't want to get too hot and raise your body temp. Sounds ok though with the spa being cool and not hot :)

The jets aren't the issue, it's just the temperature. At this point, if you were pregnant, baby (well, the very tiny collection of cells) is completely underneath your pubic bone. I could see maybe the jets being more of an issue if you were in 3rd tri and you put one right on your bump in the front, but otherwise, I can't see how it would matter. So if the temp is lower than a normal hot bath, I wouldn't worry about getting in. Just get out if you feel too hot.

I honestly wouldn't worry about it. I would say wait until you get a positive pregnancy test to worry about what to avoid pregnancy wise. I actually asked my doctor about this yesterday. we have a hot tub and I also take Zoloft for anxiety and I've heard that you can't take it while pregnant so I asked her what I needed to avoid while TTC. She said to continue doing my normal routine until I get a positive pregnancy test. I also asked about alcohol etc and she said don't even worry about it until I see that BFP. So I am just going to do my normal routine (wine, hot tub, zoloft) until I get my real BFP. I feel like I would drive myself crazy if I avoided all of that stuff while TTC. But everyone is different :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->