Space Saving Cot recommendations?

Cee108

Reaction score
We live in a 1BR house.

Our double bed's too small for co-bedding (and I'd be scared to do that anyway, in case I roll over the baby at night!) but our room doesn't have anywhere near enough space for a full cot. I need a small space-saving cot that can last us at least till the baby is 6mths old. Moses Baskets seem so frail, I'm scared to use one - even if just in case OH topples it over when he gets up to blunder to the bathroom at night!

Can you ladies please recommend what would be a good option. If its less than £70-80, that would be ideal. Though I am willing to spend for something that's space-saving, yet sturdy.

xx

Hi

I live very small house and a moses basket was a life saver. I know you are saying that your scared of it toppling on the floor but this is what I used to do.

I did have a cot (tutti bambini-the smallest one in the range with draw)-can't remember name I can dig out if interested.)cot cost £190 i think with matress etc. The reason why I didn't use much was the cot next to window - only space in bedroom i could put and as it was winter and even the the windows were closed and heating it seemed chilly for newborn thats why I put baby in moses basket.

I used to put the moses basket on the floor as I hadn't got round to getting a stand and wasn't also sure about getting a stand. Finally when I did get a stand-i put the whole thing(basket and stand) between my bed and cupboard. the side of my bed and cupboard (cupboard built in would be scared of freestanding one) was a tight space meaning that there was no way moses basket could topple over. But, it did mean I crawled to the front of the bed and then got out that way rather then the usual way which is the side. I know that sounds really stupid but I felt the moses basket being on stand more secure in a narrower space so the basket couldn't turn over.

have you looked in ikea, they do cheap cots not sure if they are small though.

HTH and hope I make sense as I seem to have rambled on!

Hi

I did have a cot (tutti bambini-the smallest one in the range with draw)-can't remember name I can dig out if interested.)cot cost £190 i think with matress etc. The reason why I didn't use much was the cot next to window - only space in bedroom i could put and as it was winter and even the the windows were closed and heating it seemed chilly for newborn thats why I put baby in moses basket.

Thanks for the detailed reply! You've made me feel less scared now. Seems like our houses have the same layout! In our house, the only space is also under a window, its going to be a Feb arrival and I'm SOOOO not keen on putting anything near a window. I think I'll move the bed around and do the same with the moses basket (put it next to our fitted cupboard). We're planning on getting our own house by next winter - hence my hesitation to buy a cot. I'd not only have to lug it around, I don't know what the size of the new place will be.

:flower:

try a crib instead of a moses basket, they are bigger and sturdier but nowhere near as big as a cot. There's loads on ebay and places but kiddicare.com have ones for about £40 plus a £10 mattress

My boyfriend has a tiny room and although we dont plan on staying at his alot we brought a cot from ikea for when we do, it wasnt very much think just over £100 for cot & mattress. Its not huge but does look really nice, think its comes in white and a light brown colour :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->