spaghetti bolognese ?

coz

Mummy to 2 boys
Reaction score
If i was to make Charlie some how would i make the bolognese ? what could i put in it im stuck ? xx

I made Alasdair some yesterday!

I used onion, mince, carrots, tomatoes, tomato puree and some basil. I really whizzed it up in the blender for Alasdair but I'm not sure how much you'd need to mush it for Charlie. If you wanted to put more vege in it, you could put bell peppers, mushrooms, peas or sweetcorn in too.

hi honey, if i was doing it i would probably follow this recipe and just add some baby pasta :)

https://www.annabelkarmel.com/recipes/babies-9-12-months/bolognese_sauce

If you're avoiding tomatoes until later I've just seen a recipe from Jess on hte recipes thread for it!

I made Alasdair some yesterday!

I used onion, mince, carrots, tomatoes, tomato puree and some basil. I really whizzed it up in the blender for Alasdair but I'm not sure how much you'd need to mush it for Charlie. If you wanted to put more vege in it, you could put bell peppers, mushrooms, peas or sweetcorn in too.

that sounds fab :)

it's the only thing I can cook lol.

Mark has it the way we have it which is onion, garlic, mince steak then tin tomatoes, tomato puree, basil or oregano and just a knife tip of chilli powder. Also a diced carrot if you have one and chicken liver cooked in milk then chopped up if you can get it (don't use lamb's if you can't get it do without.) Cook as long and slow as you can.

I just did mine like a normal bolognaise but without the salt or stock cubes etc.
LO loved it. He didnt much like pasta so i froze portions of the meat on its own and serve it with mash.

I just do it like we would have it. Obviously without the salt.

If you're avoiding tomatoes until later I've just seen a recipe from Jess on hte recipes thread for it!

no i wasnt going to avoid tomatoes, are they bad ? xx

thanks ladies think i will make some this week, is it ok to use normal mince meat ? xx

thanks ladies think i will make some this week, is it ok to use normal mince meat ? xx

For baby I use the mince I normally get for the adults which is from the butchers.

we just use normal mince :)

I just think some people avoid tomatoes or are really careful when introducing them as they're a common allergy food. But I've heard this about strawberries as well. Alasdair has it with tomato and he's perfectly fine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->