spasms/seizures

labmommy

Reaction score
J is three months old, 2.5 wks corrected. He is on prevacid for reflux and has always, since birth, been very gassy. The past few wks since we took him home I have seen him do some funny stuff. He stiffens up and makes movements with his arms. He wakes up screaming/crying. There is A LOT of streching/straining face red times. Then he will cry. Is it colic and gas? I'm convinced it's infantile spasms and West syndrome. Going to nicu follow up clinic today and will show some videos. Anyone with any experience in this or have similar movements? I feel like jt happened after his 2 mth immunizations which I did spapce out across two wks.

Both of my preemies used to do the stretching/straining red face thing.

My son had Infantile Spasms at 8 months. It was a very rhythmic 'crunch' of his body with a short cry, then release, then crunch again (drawing his knees up). Longest fit lasted for about 15 crunches.

We took him to A&E after about 24hrs of this (giving time in case it wss constipation) and he had a fit while we were waiting to be seen, so we took video of it. Showed the video to the registrar when we eventually got seen, she took one look and recognised it immediately. She admitted him onto the ward there and then, and an EEG was organised for the next day; the EEG confirmed IS and he started onto high-dose steroid treatment.

We were fortunate, he reacted well to the steroids and didn't have another fit. One month of high dose and a second month of weaning off the steroids, he was fine. We were lucky.

There are videos on Youtube of IS spasms if you want to compare.

Thank you for your replies. We saw the ped. We are waiting for a call from the neuro for an EEG. The nurse pract. At nicu follow up clinic saw the videos we recorded on a cell phone. She said there were two concerns she notes from them but it could be something else. Waiting with fx'd....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->