SPD at 11 weeks? Seriously?!?

Rhiannon137

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,
I developed pretty bad SPD with my first pregnancy around 32 weeks, and my second around 20 weeks. I'm now only 11 weeks into expecting my third and I'm already feeling that horrible ripping, grinding sensation deep in both hip joints. Has anyone heard of (or experienced) it happening so early?

I'm actually down a few pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight, which was already on the low end of the "healthy" range for my height. I'm not sure how I will manage this for 6+ more MONTHS. I'm just hoping it doesn't get too much worse any time soon. I've dug out my old hip support wrap, which is helping a bit. Ah, the joys of pregnancy.

I had it at 14 weeks with my second pregnancy and had to leave work at 28 weeks. Sorry that you've already got it.

Its usually my first sign of pregnancy. Definitely feeling for you!

Not quite as early but with my second it came at 15 weeks. I'm sorry it's started so early! :(

I'm sorry to hear you have it already, I tend it to get around that time in pregnancy too, sadly your hormones and joints will do what they do. Try and see a good chiropractor or hands on physio if you can, with good manipulation the condition is very much manageable. https://pelvicpartnership.org.uk/ is a good charity for this and has lots of advice and tips.

Thank you all so much for sharing your experiences. Like with most things, it helps just knowing I'm not alone. I do need to do a better job staying on top of it with chiro and physical therapy this time. Since I'm home with my 2- and 4- year olds, and my husband has a very demanding job, having "time off work" is not really a thing.

I had it very early with this one. It got better after 12-14 weeks, when he moved up in my abdomen, but is now worse again because he's head down already. Sorry you've got it :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->