SPD - did physio help?

sailorgirl1

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
Firstly does this sound like it's SPD? I feel like I've been kicked down below!! Hurts to lift legs up when sat down and also walking is sore?

Secondly, did any of you recieve any hands on treatment Physio/Chiro for it? My dr wasn't overly helpful and there doesn't seem to be a maternity physio in the area!!

Hi there. It does sound like spd, all the same symptoms I have! The Physio taught me exercises to do at home and showed me techniques of how to roll out of bed, get up of a chair. Unfortunately the pain has gotten worse.

i have really bad SPD had it in my 2nd pregnancy too, and unfortuatly physio didnt help me, yes they give you prevenative steps ie. how to get in and out of the car, bed etc, and give you a support belt, tubigrip and crutches if needed but thats about it. for me the pain is worse and the supports dont help me :( x

Hi ladies,
Firstly does this sound like it's SPD? I feel like I've been kicked down below!! Hurts to lift legs up when sat down and also walking is sore?

Secondly, did any of you recieve any hands on treatment Physio/Chiro for it? My dr wasn't overly helpful and there doesn't seem to be a maternity physio in the area!!

Yes, sounds very like it! Physios don't like to do too many physical manipulations while you are pg, unless something is drastically out of alignment ( I had one leg longer than the other for a bit with DS2 because my pelvis 'moved') Generally it's exercises, support belts or crutches, both of which I currently have & the crutches really help. My Physio is actually based in a maternity unit & does acupuncture for my pain - which is absolutely wonderful!

Some Drs are still very dismissive of SPD so annoy your consultant, GP, midwife and basically anyone who will listen until you are at least assessed! As a last resort co-codamol can be prescribed. I started off on 2x 8/500 four times a day and am now on 30/500, but it really is a necessity. If you need pain medication, then you need pain medication, basically!

Hope that helps :hugs:

Thank you ladies, that's v helpful. You think it's worth seeing a physio just for the advise then?
The acupuncture sounds good, I may give that a whirl but bit paranoid about going to someone who will damage baby :S xxxx

they only usually give acupuncture as a last resort once youve tried all the other methods and painkillers x

I saw a physio and they give you a ton of advice and mine has improved massively and I can barely feel it now.

I do my exercises they gave me religiously everyday with my kegals and I wear a support belt. I don't know if they work for everyone but I've put in the time and at 30 weeks I disnt know how the hell I was going to get through the last 10 weeks! Now I feel amazing little niggles and I know when I need to be careful but generally feeling very good!!

Worth a try, but you need to commit to the exercises for sure

X x x x

I had spd with my previous pregnancy, and physio didnt physically do anything that time. I was on crutches for the last months of that pregnancy. This time, since the start, they have used 'manual manipulation' where they re align the joints and its great. I dont feel the pain at all. I see my physio every 2-3 weeks.

exercise has helped me a ton - the less i sit, the better it is! i also go to a chiro for it, so when my pelvis is more aligned it doesn't hurt nearly as much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->