SPD pain

Hayles

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I'm 25+3 with my third baby..
I've experienced spd pain which started I would say around 21 weeks.. It would usually start off ok but over the course of the day get more uncomfortable.. It's been really bad the last week and yesterday and today I've woken up with the pain without even doing any walking! I don't drive so I walk everywhere but even going round the corner to the shop it's agony.
I see my midwife tomorrow and will obviously tell her.. I had it with my son 5 years ago but It wasn't as crippling 😩
Any ideas on what I can do? I don't really see how a belt can help I don't have an overly huge bump...
Thanks xxx

The only thing they can tell you is a belly band. I don't think it takes away the pain but releases some of the tention! I have had it since day 1 and I don't think I am going to be able to walk soon!!

Have you tried https://www.mothercare.com/Nexcare-Maternity-Support-Size-8-18/495806,default,pd.html

SPD is a monster. I've been unable to get comfortable at night since about week 10. Been sleeping with a thicker loaf shaped stuffed animal (son's Perry the Platypus) between my knees and had SOME relief, but that relief is near non-existent now and I've cut my activity way way down. :(

The belts aren't just for supporting the bump they suppirt your hips and SI joint from seperating

I had it too with my last two. It is not fun at all. With my last one I also too woke up with it too. Best tip for you at night is silk pj pants, placing a pillow between your legs and never move your legs individually when rolling over. Also too roll out of bed, so move legs together over the edge of bed until they hit floor, then slowly sit up to the side.

During the day some say that a belly band helps, but it didn't for me. Taking smaller steps and never taking more than one step up the stairs at a time can help a lot.

Sucks that you have this. But also working on your kegels will help a bit too. GL

I suffer from it. My Dr. prescribed me therapy. Nothing helps though. It's really one of those things I have chalking up to sucking up and pushing through. It's so miserable though. To the point that I cannot walk sometimes.

its horrible i had bad with dd ended up on crutches i got it ths time round at 14weeks doc sent me to physiotherapy where im given exercises to do but even they have said its a fight we r losing as will get worse the futher on i get , i got given codeine frm docs but only take in extreme times , i brought a bump belt from amazon it helps at work i can defo notice the difference when im not wearing it , i generally try and take it easy when home thou not easy with a three yr old its knowing ur limits when to ask for help and resting when needed

I know it sounds odd, but icing my SI joints really helps my SPD pain. I get regular chiropractic adjustments and ice 2-3 times per day. It's much more manageable for me this time around (3rd baby) than it was with the other two...and only when I've iced regularly through the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->