Speaking of sleep training

aliss

Reaction score
Today is day 1 of Alex learning to sleep without a swaddle. He's pretty pissed off right now (not crying but just irritated in general) and it's not going well! But I am staying in the living room and he must learn. 28lbs and 10 months = time to say bye-bye to his precious swaddle :wacko:

I tried other tactics but unfortunately cold turkey is all I have left. No sleep for me tonight :coffee: It's only 8:30am here, it's nap #1!

Ooh good luck :flower:

I must admit for nap time my LO doesn't sleep in his cot - i know thats bad is it not????

My lo doesnt sleep in his cot either he sleeps on our bed for naps.

Good luck aliss hope its a quick transition xx

Thanks girls! He is a very light fussy sleeper and won't nap unless I do the exact same routine each time, he would never fall asleep anywhere else :( The naps are not so bad (he rolled his "R's" for 30 minutes, his form of grizzling, poor lil French baby) and passed out. The real test is if he can make it through one 45 min sleep cycle!

And bedtime ... oh I don't even want to think about that yet :(

Oh I shall be stalking this thread. My baby, although much younger than Alex, can't sleep in his bed without his swaddle either. His arms go right up and start shaking, which makes him cry, which makes his arms shake harder, which makes him cry harder, and you see what I mean. lol. If he falls asleep in my arms, or during nursing, he will wake right up if I lay him down unswaddled, and start the arms shaking/crying thing. I wonder if he'll ever be able to sleep unswaddled?

Keep us posted please! x

Oh I shall be stalking this thread. My baby, although much younger than Alex, can't sleep in his bed without his swaddle either. His arms go right up and start shaking, which makes him cry, which makes his arms shake harder, which makes him cry harder, and you see what I mean. lol. If he falls asleep in my arms, or during nursing, he will wake right up if I lay him down unswaddled, and start the arms shaking/crying thing. I wonder if he'll ever be able to sleep unswaddled?

Keep us posted please! x

i thought my LO would never sleep without a swaddle too. but one night, when he was about 4 months he just decided he didn't want to be swaddled. he fought like mad so i put him in a sleeping bag and he's slept in one fine ever since. very occasionally i have to gently hold his hands down as he's going off to sleep to stop him pulling his dummy out (which then gets him wound up) but not often.

Keep us posted please! x

At 4 months, he kept breaking out of his swaddle and trying to chew his hand, so I left one arm out and he did really well. In the past 2 nights, Alex has broken out 4-6x a night which makes me suspect it is time again. Some babies have very strong startle reflexes and then after that, well, I dunno- I guess it was a crutch??? lol.

Just attempting nap #2, lets see how it goes. #1 he slept for 1 hour and 10 minutes which is a perfect time at this age. Of course, turns out it took him 30 minutes as he crapped his pants for the first time in his crib!!! :dohh: I should have realized it but I didn't! He still slept though :shrug:

If my LO naps more then 30mins i start wondering what to do with myself :haha:

Looks like nap #2 is solid :happydance: Not much of a peep now after his 20 minute typical protest (which again, is rolling his R's and laughing).

Of course, that was just a test drive. The real deal will come in about 5-6 hours... :coffee: BEDTIME! <insert scary horror movie soundtrack here>

I am SOOOO checking this out in the morning! At least us Brits can keep you company if it's bad.

I totally spoke too soon :( lol.

Thanks for the company though :rofl:

A little burp and back he went after moaning! :)

We're past the 1 hour mark so we're good!!! Still asleep.

Still asleep :) It's 3:40pm here. He should be up any minute. I spend his naps on here, LOL

Haha I do the same!
Its 12.20 pm here, Nim is out like a light in her buggy and I have plunket in 45 mins and what do I do ...................
Straight onto BandB - never mind the washing, folding, hoovering and dusting :rofl: well, at least the horses are fed and watered :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->