Special K 2-week challenge!

Logan's Mum

....plus Eric : )
Reaction score
Evening all!:hi:
This is not going to be a diet diary (for now) as I havent even got any scales and base weight-loss on appearance (worried I will become obsessive with losing weight when its a numerical figure, if that makes sense!!). But, have decided to do the Special K 2-week challenge to supposidly drop a jean-size, just to shift a bit of weight so I feel less flumpy :haha: Currently I am a size 12, maybe even a 10 in some stores. Would love to be a definite 10! And once I have stopped the challenge I will continue to eat better and see what happens.
So, has anyone tried the 2-week challenge, did it work? (what size did you start at and what size did you end up?)
Thanks for reading!
:flower:

Hi hun

I have completed my first week on the 2 week challenge and was disappointed to only lose 1lb, although I can get into 2 pairs of trousers that I couldnt before.

I used to be a 12 but am still carrying baby weight making me a 14 so eager to get back into my 12's.

I am not finding myself at all hungry thou, which is good. I have purchased a few different varieties of Special K to stop me from getting bored of it too, but so far it is going well and I feel like I am eating alot better and have stopped the snacking.

Good luck with it x

Hi hun

I have completed my first week on the 2 week challenge and was disappointed to only lose 1lb, although I can get into 2 pairs of trousers that I couldnt before.

I used to be a 12 but am still carrying baby weight making me a 14 so eager to get back into my 12's.

I am not finding myself at all hungry thou, which is good. I have purchased a few different varieties of Special K to stop me from getting bored of it too, but so far it is going well and I feel like I am eating alot better and have stopped the snacking.

Good luck with it x

Things like doing the special K plan only work if you are over a certain BMI (think it's 27?), so it's highly likely it will just not work for you.

You can lose a lot more by just eating healthy and doing 30mins of exercise a day, every other day. I lost 16lbs in a month doing this last year, and when I re-started again just recently I lost 5lbs in the first week.

Things like doing the special K plan only work if you are over a certain BMI (think it's 27?), so it's highly likely it will just not work for you.

You can lose a lot more by just eating healthy and doing 30mins of exercise a day, every other day. I lost 16lbs in a month doing this last year, and when I re-started again just recently I lost 5lbs in the first week.

You can do the plan if your BMI is 25 plus. I do the exercise anyway, and also eat healthily for dinner. I just find that lunch is the time when I can never be bothered to eat well, just toast as am usually busy. I want to lose the weight quicker than slowly which would probably happen anyway (few parties at end of month which I want to shift the xmas flab for :thumbup:). Its worth a shot I reckon, a pound is still a pound lost! I used to be a size 18 then lost all the weight with little effort, seems now I am smaller it is a lot harder to lose but BRING IT ON!! :haha:
Cheers for the comments! :flower:

Personally I think this will work, in the same way that Slimfast works, because its a short time frame, so most people can restrict their diet and stay motivated for this amount of time. It also forces you to stick to a 200ish calorie breakfast and lunch, meaning even if you have a couple of Special K bars as snacks you can still have a 600 calorie dinner, which is only 1200cals a day :thumbup:.
I'm doing a hotch potch diet which is cereal for breakfast, slimfast for lunch, 3 100cal snacks and a 600 cal evening meal, so this would be exactly the same.
Stick to it hon, Its about how you feel, not how much you lose :)

Oh, and I'm the same, I don't have any scales as would become obsessive!
I took all my measurements at the start and will take them all again after 30 days (I'm doing the 30 day shred DVD too). I also have an aspirational pair of jeans which I bought in the sale which I want to get into!

hey hun! im kinda doing this but its more of just a cereal diet lol im varying between weetabix and ricicles YUM! lol i just make sure i stick to 1200 or less calories a day (yes many people will say oh thats not enough but im only doing it for 2 weeks and then i'll very gradually work the calories back up)
i have cereal for breakfast and lunch then a meal for dinner normally meat and steamed veg and the occasional treat inbetween (found out asda meringes are only 52 calories!!!! :happydance: I started on the 7th and i'll be weighing myself again on the 21st so we'll see if it works!!
My aim is to loose 4lbs if its less, then atleast i tried it eh? xxx

Stick to it hon, Its about how you feel, not how much you lose :)

Well said! :thumbup: I feel good knowing that Im eating healthier, and who knows, maybe I will even fit into a 10 at the end of it! I have bought some low calorie snacks too, just in case! Havent had any yet, good willpower!! I think losing weight based on appearance is a good way to do it, an ace idea to have an item of clothing to aim to fit, as long as you are sensible (would love to have a size 8 something but wishful thinking :dohh:)

hey hun! im kinda doing this but its more of just a cereal diet lol im varying between weetabix and ricicles YUM! lol i just make sure i stick to 1200 or less calories a day (yes many people will say oh thats not enough but im only doing it for 2 weeks and then i'll very gradually work the calories back up)

My 2 favourite cereals! hence why Im having special K, my portion sizes for the other 2 would be ENORMOUS :haha: Seems as if 1200 calories is a popular amount for weight loss, I read somewhere that to have slow continuous weight loss you should aim for 1500 a day, so 1200 will hopefully make it a little quicker... Do you think its working so far? I know its quite soon to tell, Im always convinced I have lost weight after only a few days (think thats more due to not eating as much starchy stuff and bloating etc). Hope it works for you! :flower:

My 2 favourite cereals! hence why Im having special K, my portion sizes for the other 2 would be ENORMOUS :haha: Seems as if 1200 calories is a popular amount for weight loss, I read somewhere that to have slow continuous weight loss you should aim for 1500 a day, so 1200 will hopefully make it a little quicker... Do you think its working so far? I know its quite soon to tell, Im always convinced I have lost weight after only a few days (think thats more due to not eating as much starchy stuff and bloating etc). Hope it works for you! :flower:

lol well one day i only had 918 calories but the next day i felt lousy so 1200 keeps me feeling happy and normal but also helping me shift the pounds... hopefully!!

Also Sky have fitness channels that are fab!!! doing a few of them helps too!!

Hey girls

Well my 2 weeks are up and I'm 5lb down:happydance:

I actually really like knowing I am having cereal for lunch, it stops me having to think too much about what to eat.

Have been on the wii fit to and am now going back to healthy eating between 1200-1400 cals a day.

It was the kick start I, personally, needed to keep going with my weight loss.

Good luck with your goals girls x

Congratulations!
I actually really like knowing I am having cereal for lunch, it stops me having to think too much about what to eat.
Thats why I wanted to do the challenge, I found I ate such rubbish at lunch, I LOVE peanut butter and would have loads of that on toast and nothing else. Im not sure if/how much Im losing, was basing on appearance really. 5lbs is LOADS, would love to lose that! Well done again :flower:

I did this, stuck to it well. Only having 30g of spec k. 1 main meal.

I lost 8lb in the 2 weeks, got into clothes that didnt fit before.

I did this, stuck to it well. Only having 30g of spec k. 1 main meal.

I lost 8lb in the 2 weeks, got into clothes that didnt fit before.

Thats impressive! :thumbup: Ive been on it for 2 weeks, and only weakened today and had one slice of bread for lunch (but had no breakfast). Its really easy to stick to! Good theres also different types of Special K, makes it a bit easier to eat twice a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->