Specific Question about Sleep?

GodsNotDead23

Pregnant; our Finale. <3
Reaction score
My son is 2.5
I dont remember when it started, but he still wakes up very frequently. We determined a huge issue was his tonsils.

Now those are gone and he wakes up less but he has been waking up at Midnight/2AM like clockwork.
Hes not upset usually. Just awake. He wants to sleep with me, I tell him no. When trying to put him back to bed he will ask for something. Then reject it. Then ask for it again.
Example: He has 2 beds in his room. He will ask to go back and forth, but never actually get out of the bed, just request it. OR Ask for You are My Sunshine but when I start singing requests Mocking Bird, repeatedly. He also kicks and hits. This is partially my own fault, we play fight and I am/was a spanking mom. (Trying to stop, its taking some time.)

I am not proud but I have gotten so frustrated in my sleepyness and his back and forth that I have spanked him(Please no judgements. I was raised on spanking, I DO spank when things are serious and repeated time outs and discussions do not work. We are actually working on making spanking obsolete, because of my tendency to do it when frustrated and feeling guilt.). Makes no difference in his sleeping except he cries and then I cry and we hug and he goes right back to it.

I have no idea what to do. My husband and I take turns, but we still are not getting sleep and end up very frustrated every night at Midnight/2AM.

Have you tried just not engaging with him at all? Take him back too is bed and then leave the room. If he asks for water, a song, to go to the other bed, etc I would just say no it's time for sleep now and then leave the room. It will probably take a few nights of repeatedly taking him back to his bed over and over again until he gets it that he's not going to have your attention at night. This is actually one of the reasons my 2.5 year old is still in a crib, because I don't want to have to deal with a toddler being able to get up and out of her room at night!

Have you tried just not engaging with him at all? Take him back too is bed and then leave the room. If he asks for water, a song, to go to the other bed, etc I would just say no it's time for sleep now and then leave the room. It will probably take a few nights of repeatedly taking him back to his bed over and over again until he gets it that he's not going to have your attention at night. This is actually one of the reasons my 2.5 year old is still in a crib, because I don't want to have to deal with a toddler being able to get up and out of her room at night!

I can try that yes. I do to an extent and then I break down cause I’m so worried of that stress hormone or whatever from frying too long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->