speedy arrival of charlie thomas!

stevie123

Reaction score
well, after going a week overdue, and feeling totaly fed up, my baby finaly decided that he was coming out, and he was in quite a hurry!
on thursday evening at about 7 pm i went to the loo to find id had a bloody show. i didnt think anything of it though as id had a bit of a show at 38 weeks and nothing had happened. also the day before the mw had attempted to do a sweep but couldnt even reach my cervix i was so unfavourable for labour.
i was feeling really crampy and stuff, but again thought nothing of it, so went to bed at 11 ish and was reading my book. OH was fast asleep and at about 11.30 i decided to go for a wee and go to sleep. well as i got into the bathroom i just felt this pop and my waters went everywhere! i jumped in the bath and just stood there shouting for oh while my waters were just leaking everywhere. needless to say he didnt hear me si i had to get out with a towel and wake him up.
we rang the labour ward to see what they would say and they told me to come in to get checked but that they would probably send me home as i wasnt having contractions (or so i thought!|
so we slowly pottered about and made sure we had everything we needed, and made our way to the hospital. by now i noticed i was having a few pains, but nothing major.
in the car i noticed they were coming every 10 mins, but they were still bearable, just period cramps, and they werent lasting very long. we got to hospital at 1am in the end, and by the time we got there i was wet through leaking waters. i got out the car and realised i was struggling to walk, i felt quite a lot a preasure down in my bum, and i was in a bit of pain. i was having to stop and breathe as we were walking.
got to the labour ward and they put me in a room and strapped me up to the monitors. she did a speculum exam to check but waters but couldnt find any evidence of them going:wacko:
she then left us for half an hour, and in this time lying on the bed pains were just coming randomly quite often. she came in and looked at the screen and was like ooohhh you are having pains arent you. i was like errr, yes!
so, without checking me for dilation or anything, she told me to get up and we were going up to the ward, where i could stay overnight to progress and see what happens.
she left the room again so i could get dressed etc, but when i tried to get up off the bed i couldnt. oh helped me get up, and i stood over the bed and started to cry as i was now in a lot of pain, and was just feeling this imense preassure in my backside. i had another gush of water everywhere at this point.
the mw came back in and looked at me and was like oh dear. get back on the bed and ill examine you here before we go to the ward. i felt at this point she was being quite patronising as if she just assumed id be hardly dialated or anything as id only just come in and half an hour ago i had been fine.
well.....she examined me and i was 9cm dialated! everything just goes slightly hazy at this point, as the pain just suddenly became excruciating, and i was crying as id planned to have an epidural and i was scared. the mw was like why are you scared and crying, yove got this far on youre own!
i was given the gas and air-wierd stuff! really made me feel drunk and the room was spinning, it didnt get rid of the pain, but just made me feel distant and not with it. from this point on, i was screaming and howling in pain. it was awfull. id had no time to prepare, or let the pain build up etc. i was just suddenly in excruciating pain. i was constantly on the gas and air, and wasnt really aware of anything other then the pain.
my body started pushing on its own, so the mw just told me to go with it, so i did. i dont think i was pushing for long, but at some point the doctor came in as the babys heartrate was dipping and they were going to cut me. i screamed i didnt want to be cut, so they told me i needed to get the baby out, so even though it was agony i pushed as hard as i could. i could feel the head starting to come out, and it got halfway out and it was excruciating. one more push and his head was out. he actualy made a crying noise while he was still inside me. the rest of him followed quite quickly! so after getting to the hospital at 1am, my beautifull boy was born at 3.53 am!!!! even the midwife was shocked at how quick he came, as it was my first baby. he also weighed 9lb 2! i am only 5ft, so we were all shocked at how big he was! i had 2nd degree tearing and had to be stitched up.
everybody would think that such a short labour would be great, but i found it extremely traumatic. everything just happened so quickly, and i had no time to adjust or anything, and no time for pain relief.
but i love my boy more and more evryday. he is amazin, and worth it all, though i am in no hurry to do it ever again lol!
thanks for reading and i wish you all a great labour and delivery for youre little ones x

congrats on your little boy. What a speedy first labour!

Congratulations. That was fast! Glad you are both ok :) x

Wow well done hun -that was quick - hope you are recovering well and enjoying your lil man xxxx

Well done hun, great story, reminded me of my first when you said your body started pushing on its own-very scary isn't it, but you've done it!
Just hope mine will go as fast!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->