Spelling preference - which do you like better?

Sophia. Sofia always feels like Eastern European to me haha unless you are Eastern European, I'd say do not go for Sofia :D

Love the name (it's what I'm naming my little girl :D)!! I prefer it spelled Sophia :)

Does the name originate in Italy? If so I think it should be Sofia it kind of looks more original and how it's meant to be to me x

Sophia. Sofia is pronounced sof-ee-uh not so-fee-uh to me.

I'm gonna say Sophia, because that's my real name!

I can tell you that fewer people have that spelling, and (to me anyway) it looks prettier when it's written down.

Not sure which pronunciation you're going for, but mine is 'so-fire' rather than 'so-fia'. Sounds like the Nerina Pallot song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWALuiuTibU - which I adore!

I like Sophia better. Sofia reminds me too much of a sofa. lol.

While I do like the name Sophia, I hate how popular it has become :( Do count on there being lots of other Sophia's in her age group.

Thank you so much, ladies for your opinions! Really appreciate it! :flower:

I like Sophia better. Sofia reminds me too much of a sofa. lol.

While I do like the name Sophia, I hate how popular it has become :( Do count on there being lots of other Sophia's in her age group.

Haha I hadn't thought of how close to sofa it is :haha: And yea, we talked about it's growing popularity so we may change our minds [again, our original choice was Aurora].

Thanks again :flow:

Sophia is how people will assume you're spelling it

It's so weird that it's so popular now. When I was little no one had that name, people thought it was strange. Having said that, it's not that popular in the UK, it seems to be more so in the States.

It's so weird that it's so popular now. When I was little no one had that name, people thought it was strange. Having said that, it's not that popular in the UK, it seems to be more so in the States.

I have read about it in baby magazines, that names that end with A are getting really popular but it really doesn't seem that popular in my area! I know 3 women having babies but they are all having boys so hopefully it will remain a semi-uncommon name :winkwink:

Just wanted to update since I found my old thread - we ended up going with Sofia - And we love love love the name! It fits her perfectly!! Thanks again ladies for all your input :)

Congrats! I always think names are just perfect when the baby is given them :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->