sperm meets egg... advice needed

Peach Blossom

Mummy to Lili
Reaction score
Hi there,

DH and I are going to try the smep this cycle... not that he knows yet :rofl:

Anyway, I have a cycle that ranges between 33 and 40 days... the instructions I've read say to start :sex: on CD8 then do the first opk on CD 10. FF doesn't have me ov'ing until around CD20... so when should we start? I'm worried I may wear DH out too early in the cycle :blush: and miss the most important part... Also not sure when to start the opks...

I'd say if you are sure of your cycles' length and your shortest cycle is 33 days and your LP is about 15 days then the earliest you are probably gonna ovulate is CD18. So I wouldn't start OPK or BD before CD 12. Probably still fine until later but as you probably don't know your LP length, I'd start at CD12 to be on the safe side. Baby dust and hugs!

i did the smep this month as well. still yet to find out if it offers good results! but i have about a 30-32 day cycle, and i started bd'ing at 17 dpo. do you know when you usually ovulate? or the earliest that you know you have? just start three days before that day. good luck :dust: i'll let you know if it works for me!!

p.s. if you do look at my chart, i only record the BD that i think may be important to my O day, so that's why you may not see all the days that smep calls for!!

Hrm, well personally hubby and I just start with every other day once AF is gone, and keep it going throughout the month (maybe an extra babydance or two around ovulation cramping). It's similar to the SMEP, I think, either way I figure we can't miss the egg that way even if I happened to ovulate earlier than last month!

I don't think you need to worry about wearing your hubby out, my understanding of males in general is that no amount of sex is too much :rofl:

Good luck and babydust! :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->