SPIDERS .. Spiders Everywhere!!!

xnmd1

mommmy of 1
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to repel spiders?!

We moved into a new house a month ago and there is a huge spider problem here.

Since we moved in I have destroyed 5 different nests of baby spiders. Two outside the front door. One in the closet. Two on the kitchen windows on the INSIDE of the house. Not to mention ive squished at least two dozen other spiders of various shapes sizes and colours about the house and yard.

Its a huge problem. I hate them! Is there anything I can do to keep them out of the house?

They don't like conquers so you can put them in room corners although not the right time of year. I also have a chestnut spray from amazon that supposedly repels them, and it smells lovely to me lol. I'm terrified of them.

My initial instinct would be to move out!!! :lol: but failing that I would call a professional in to deal with it. Hope you get it sorted, that's kind of my worst nightmare :/

My initial instinct would be to move out!!! :lol: but failing that I would call a professional in to deal with it. Hope you get it sorted, that's kind of my worst nightmare :/

Ha this made me laugh and think of a joke my bro in law told me,

There are 3 sizes of spiders - 1, the regular size that you can get some to get rid of. 2, the ones that are so large you slowly back out of the room and lock the door behind you never to use or even mention that room again. And 3 those so big they look at you and ask to read the newspaper (these are usually the ones also lounging in the bath! ) with these you lock up the house and move to the next town!!!
(Or something to that effect, I remember it being funnier when he told it!! :haha: )

I second conkers, although it's the wrong time of year for that... Try the amazon spray x

I'm pretty sure the conkers thing is a myth. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdZRMM2VSR4&feature=player_embedded

You could use diatomaceous earth as an alternative to chemical creepy crawly killers. The dust isn't good to breathe in when you're spreading it around but once it settles it's harmless as long as you get the food grade stuff. It's safe for kids and pets, unless you have a pet spider :D

Ugh, yeah this.

I lived in a house a few years ago and hadn't really realised there were spiders before. The house was pretty much built into a hill so there was bush surrounding it and MASSIVE bush spiders.

I got into the shower one morning, the water was already on and I pulled the shower curtain across and a HUGE spider flew off the curtain and landed on my chest, it kind of stuck to me and I was shaking and screaming and ended up having to smack it off with my hand. Absolutely traumatising! I never had another shower there without a five minute inspection of the bathroom and shower. Disgusting.

We had quite a few spiders when we moved into our house too. I think what helped was cleaning often and getting rid of old cardboard boxes (not giving them anywhere to hide) and DH put an industrial strength insecticide around the exterior of the house (a few times). It took awhile, but I've been cleaning so well with LO being all over the floor that we have the least bugs ever this year! Normally it's awful in summer and I've hardly seen any. :D

I don't like to use any insecticide inside because of LO so we only put it outside and I use a catnip spray and have started growing catnip plants. They supposedly repel roaches, but I'm not sure if it works on spiders?

Ugh, yeah this.

I lived in a house a few years ago and hadn't really realised there were spiders before. The house was pretty much built into a hill so there was bush surrounding it and MASSIVE bush spiders.

I got into the shower one morning, the water was already on and I pulled the shower curtain across and a HUGE spider flew off the curtain and landed on my chest, it kind of stuck to me and I was shaking and screaming and ended up having to smack it off with my hand. Absolutely traumatising! I never had another shower there without a five minute inspection of the bathroom and shower. Disgusting.

Oh. My. God. This story actually made my heart stop. I'm traumatised for you!

Haha yeah. I can't really stress enough how horrible it was for me, I was crying and shaking. I'm a wimp, I know, but with it's legs stretched it would have been the size of my palm, stuck to my boob, first thing in the morning. It still gives me shivers to think about

Haha yeah. I can't really stress enough how horrible it was for me, I was crying and shaking. I'm a wimp, I know, but with it's legs stretched it would have been the size of my palm, stuck to my boob, first thing in the morning. It still gives me shivers to think about

A wave of nausea has just come over me. That is absolutely horrifying!

Ugh, yeah this.

I feel traumatized just reading that. I don't know how you survived that! LOL! I HATE spiders!

OP, I have Terminix come out quarterly to spray for bugs at our house. I usually have to call more often in the summer for follow up spider treatments, because we get disgusting, huge Wolf Spiders. Their insecticides are pretty safe; they use a lot of natural type repellants per our request, and only advise us to keep off things for an hour to let it dry on.

Ugh, yeah this.

I feel traumatized just reading that. I don't know how you survived that! LOL! I HATE spiders!

OP, I have Terminix come out quarterly to spray for bugs at our house. I usually have to call more often in the summer for follow up spider treatments, because we get disgusting, huge Wolf Spiders. Their insecticides are pretty safe; they use a lot of natural type repellants per our request, and only advise us to keep off things for an hour to let it dry on.

Thanks, thats pretty short term. Maybe I will call around. A safe treatment like that could be done while the kids are at a sleep over with nanny. Is it very expensive? These little spiders are everywhere .. and I think they are only babys right now. Theull be big in the fall . Ugh.

I've also now found silverfish upstairs. And the yard is really mossy and I discovered like 17 000 earwigs underneath LOs sand box when I lifted it to mow the lawn.

Get a professional. I moved to Australia and I hate spiders. I'd see big hairy ones running across the floor (to which my husband would say "don't worry, its a huntsman. They aren't poisonous"), but honestly who cares if they are poisonous or not, they were going to kill me by giving me a heart attack. I got a professional in. They sprayed for everything (cockroaches,ants, spiders ect) in and outside of the house. They charged $150 for our two storey house and it's guaranteed for a year. So about 7 months later I started noticing some ants, they came and sprayed everything again for free. I get them to come every year now, definitely worth the money.

Ugh, yeah this.

Thanks, thats pretty short term. Maybe I will call around. A safe treatment like that could be done while the kids are at a sleep over with nanny. Is it very expensive? These little spiders are everywhere .. and I think they are only babys right now. Theull be big in the fall . Ugh.

I've also now found silverfish upstairs. And the yard is really mossy and I discovered like 17 000 earwigs underneath LOs sand box when I lifted it to mow the lawn.

I pay $100 a quarter, and that includes any follow up treatments I need. They spray my place for ants, spiders, wasps, bees, beetles, etc. There's a whole list of bugs they spray for. I was specific in asking about safety of it around small kids, and they assured me it's very safe after the hour dry on time. They even spray our swingset because the spiders like to make nests in it too

OH was on spider catching duty lastnight, i found 3 false widows.
i also found out hes as scared of spiders as i am :dohh: really helpful that is!!!

ide look at getting a pro in for that amount as others have said xxx

So after having a run in with a LOAD of earwigs in our house on top of the spiders I called pest control and told them they needed to come spray right away. They came amd sprayed yesterday at noon. I just woke up and found 20 dead earwigs on the floor. So yaaay! Its working!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->