Spike in fetal HR at 31.5? How worried should I be?

labgal

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Looking for some reassurance. I had an appointment today with the doc and I checked out fine, but when she put the doppler on my bump to check LO she started frowning. Then she talked for a bit, kept frowning, and said that his heartrate was "kind of high".

I asked how high "kind of high" was and she said 180. It went down a bit for a few seconds and then back up. She asked his normal HR, which is in the 140s (resting. The lowest He's had was about 135) - 150s (active, typically not over 155) and then she said it was probably just because he was active, and sent me on my way.

All the frowning and hrmphing has me worried. I would think she would have sent me for additional monitoring if she thought there was a real problem, but she's not the greatest doc either. LO has been moving around all day since the appointment, and I'm going to check him with my home doppler when I get out of work... but has this happened to anyone else? How concerned should I be?

If you don't feel reasurred by your doc or your home Doppler then call up triage and have a chat with them. If little one is still moving well then I wouldn't be too concerned.

I no when I've been in to be monitored my little ones heart beat can go up and down a lot depending how active she is, it can be anything from 120 to 190. It averages at 140 though. I have been to monitoring today and she reached 194, I nearly freaked cause it suddenly dropped to 123, she was very active at 194 though. X

I have those moments with my baby. You need to drink plenty of water, their hearts spike when you're not well hydrated or if you are hungry. Also if you consume caffeine I advise you to stay away. These are the instances when my baby has a high heartrate

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->