Spinach & Bacon Pasta/Rice -

KrisKitten

Reaction score
With this recipe u dont lose any of the goodness of the spinach but it rlly cuts through the irony taste of it and its very simpl :)
It can be done with either pasta or rice, just mix it in at the end

Ingredients
Generous knob of butter
Crushed garlic
1/2 tomatoes
Baby Spinach (i use frozen and couple of hanfuls)
Bacon/pancetta
Mixed herbs
Splash of boiling water
ETA - Cream cheese

Method
Put the everything into the bottom of a small pan apart from the spinach, when putting in the bacon cut into small strips (i find the easist way to do this is with sharp scissors, saves messing around with knifes as i'v aways found bacon a nightmare to cut well). Add enough water just to cover the bottom of the pan - litterally just a splash. Allow all to fry until butter is melted and bacon has changed colour to a light pink.
Then chuck in however much spinach u would like and cover over with a lid. I try and make sure as much spinach as possible is touching the bottom of the pan too soak up the juices but it will all cook with the steam from the juices.
Leave for about 15 mns stirring occasionally to ty and soak all the spinch.
Chuck the whole lot in with ur pasta or rice and mix :)

For an extra touch add a bit of mozzeralla to melt on top
yummy :D xxx

ETA - For a nicer/richer touch iv recently discovered stirring in a dollop of cream cheese into the spinach after its cooked and using cubes of pancetta instead of bacon is lovely.

Mmmm sounds well yummy.Going to try this next week :) xxx

Think i might give this a try too. If i do ill let me know how i got on hehe. Thanks for sharing xx

I tryed it hun,its lush.Even OH liked it :) xxx

Oooh thanks hun, will have to give this a go!

Am constantly trying to thin of different ways to eat spinach to help with the anaemia...think my 10 year old daughter will probably prefer this to the spinach soup i tried to force feed her last week too :rofl::rofl:

Awww - yeh lol hopefully itll help :)
For a nicer/richer touch iv recently discovered stirring in a dollop of cream cheese into the spinach after its cooked and using cubes of pancetta instead of bacon is lovely.
:D (gonna update the OP with those - im constantly playing with recipes lol) xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->