• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Spinal question?

Tigerlily01

Reaction score
If you had a spinal for your c-section, how far up did your numbness go? Is your whole stomach numb below your breasts? Are your breasts or anything above that numb too? Just curious. The idea weirds me out a bit, I'm wondering if it'll be hard to breathe normally?

Thanks!

It isnt exactly hard to breath, but the room is ICE COLD to keep infectious bacteria low. And you'll be laying on your back and they'll be putting loads of pressure on you. They put a O2 monitor on your finger to make sure your oxygen intake is sufficient.

Its not too bad, scary or anything. Just the two hours after it all happens and you're being carted to a new room, thst gets interesting. They try to make you roll and move. Talk about painful!!! The first week after the section was the worse for me.

It's numb right up to about your breasts but it doesn't affect your chest. There will be an anaesthetist sitting with you (or if they move it would only be a few steps away even if you can't see them) and monitoring your breathing and reactions the entire time.

During mine I did panic at one point (after it was all finished, I think they were just stitching) which made me feel like I couldn't breathe but the anaesthetist was right there making sure that I was okay and helping me to count my breaths.

When the spinal is in and you are lying on your back they spray they will test that the spinal is working by touching your skin or spraying it and asking where you can feel.

The worst part for me was just leaning forwards when they put it in. I don't remember if it was painful going in at all (so it can't have been that bad?!) but just there is not much space to lean forwards with a big baby in the way so you do feel uncomfy! Mine took about 15 minutes to go in right which is apparently more than the norm, so that part isn't too long.

My recovery was not bad at all. I had it about 8:15-9:00pm and as far as I remember I didn't have to roll afterwards, just got slid onto another bed, I just lay there. The next morning, I was able to walk across the ward at breakfast time. I did have pain but it was perfectly well managed by pain relief.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask. xx

I was supposed to have a scheduled section, but went into labor the day before, and when I went to the hospital, of course there were emergencies that took precedence. I went to the hospital at 730am and was having contractions up until he was born at 2:07pm. I remember being numb from my stomach down. Getting the spinal wasn't exactly fun, but the contractions were worse. It wouldn't stop me from having another section though.

Probably about right mid rib cage. You can feel them push right under your ribs to push baby out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->