Spoon feeding vs BLW

Hiding

Two lovely boys
Reaction score
Hello,

I presumed I would spoon feed my LO, but now I am really confused as to whether to do this or try BLW. I dont really know where I'd start with BLW - do you just hand bubs a steamed piece of veg on the first day??? Or try a few days with baby rice? How much do you give them per day - do you stop when they seem full???

Do I need to buy a book? I have read mixed reviews on the books, but I do feel a bit lost so maybe I'll get one....

Could someone please maybe tell me how you approached your first week with BLW - how much food you gave, how often in the day, when you stopped etc.

I would really appreciate it :flower:

I started BLW just over 5months. For the first 2 weeks I just offered food when it was convenient, usually 1 meal a day and kept it to fruit & veg. As he approached 6mnths I made sure to offer as many opportunities as poss (3meals min) and gave as close as poss what we were having - meat, wheat prods, dairy included. Just avoided choccy & takeaway!!

I started by offering sticks of steamed veg and roasted sweet potato wedges. Not very much as she didn't eat much anyway. I'd definitely recommend the Gill Rapley book though, it's brilliant :thumbup:

I started with easy to handle food like steamed vegetables. Now I just make sure I offer as many opportunities to eat as possible. I don't think I could have done it without reading the book by Gill Rapley though. There are some important tips on safety and reassurance on how much (or little!) they will eat. My advice would be if you do BLW you should read the book first.

Thank you, I've ordered a book, and I'm swaying towards BLW! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->