Spotting a Week Before Expected Period

AshleyChinn

Reaction score
Hello, everyone! This is my first post on this site, but I've been reading around for a couple of weeks. I'm twenty years old and I turn twenty-one next month. My boyfriend and I are high school sweethearts, but were broken up for two years in between me graduating high school and coming back home to continue my education for various reasons. We decided that we couldn't live without one another. Now that's out of the way, :blush: I have a question. I don't feel like Googling or Binging it because I don't want to get scared of the possible "diagnosis" of this, and want to hear from other moms and moms-to-be and want-to-be-moms. :)

My question is, is it normal to spot a week before an expected period for two days, VERY LIGHTLY, then stop for a few days and have one MEDIUM spotting?

I've been on my period since I was nine. My period has never been regular, but never too irregular. I've been keeping track on an app on my cell and my periods have been spaced out between 28 days and 32 days. My next expected start date is the 24th. I spotted on the 14th and 15th then on the 19th.

I'm putting this here because my boyfriend and I want a child. We're NTNP and wouldn't mind either way. :blush: He's known I've wanted a baby since I was a child myself and he wants a child. We're not going into extremes like trying to figure out my ovulation days and such, but we're not using condoms either. I've never been on BC because my mother took it when she was a teenager and just two years ago, she nearly died from the effects of it due to blood clots in her lungs and legs. I was adopted, but that still scared me out of ever trying any form of pill. I don't want anything to be inserted into me down there and I can't stand needles, so having the needle-like BC in my body would freak me out too much. (My friend had that in high school and she had me feel it and I had to swallow my vomit.)

I just wanted to know what this could be a sign of. I did read somewhere about it could be pregnancy or early miscarriage or something life-threatening or even nothing. I just want to know if I should call my doctor or not and be worried or happy. Thank you!!!

Not sure if this will be helpful or not, but you may have had ovulation bleeding. Sometimes I have light pink discharge for about twelve hours and tiny cramps on the side that the egg comes down from. If you start to experience pain, be sure to get checked for things like cysts, fibroids, and endometriosis. But for your sake I'm hoping you get a positive test if AF is late. :) As you age, you'll find that your body goes through various hormonal ups and downs- sometimes you just bleed randomly. I'm thirty five and trying for my first- you're young and healthy and tracking things, so I wouldn't worry too much :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->