Spotting after poop

Pitbullmom29

Pregnant-1st Trimester
Reaction score
Hi I am 15 weeks pregnant. A few days ago I took a poop and then after I was spotting I only saw it when I wiped and the next morning it was gone. I went again today and same thing when I wiped there was blood but it wasn't that much. I don't want to call my doctor in a panic since I see them in a week. Any ideas? Also this is my first baby

I'm getting that every now and then. I had vaginal spotting after a BM earlier in pregnancy, my cervix was sensitive I guess. Now I'm pretty sure I am getting hemrhoids because sometimes I'm spotting rectally. Where is yours coming from can you tell?

It seems to be the end of my vagina at the far back. And after I wiped a few times it was gone.

Hmm. It could be rectal bleeding but if you're positive it's most likely vaginal I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to call and ask your doctor!

After googling things it does seem normal after going if you Have a sensitive cervix. But I think I will call my doctor tomorrow just to be on the safe side. I do have an appt on the 26th

That has happened to me occasionally - are your BMs harder than normal? Are you experiencing any constipation? During weeks 4-6 I had constipation and hard BM and I had some rectal bleeding from that which freaked me out. I had it again a couple days ago. It's pretty normal but of course, if you think it's possibly from your vagina, you should definitely mention it to your dr.

In my last pregnancy I had some vaginal spotting after difficult BM in the first trimester, but none later in pregnancy. I did later develop hemorrhoids, which never really went away they just shrunk, and popped right back up in the first tri this pregnancy. Mine never bled, but they were external. Or maybe they did, I'm not sure. They are painful and bothersome.

I'd bring it up to your doctor, but my doctor said a sensitive cervix could spot after a BM (or sex) easily, and it was not a problem. Also hemorrhoids can bleed too.

It's usually caused by a sensitive cervix. Definitely call your dr, but they'll probably give you the same reassurance. This is something that happens to me all the time, unfortunately. It won't hurt or affect the pregnancy, but boy is it scary to see!

If you're constipated, straining can irritate the cervix causing a bit of
vaginal bleeding.

Get checked out but I wouldn't worry

I've had this all through this pregnancy, a bit of pink or red on the tissue after I've pooed, definitely from my vagina. I mentioned it to my Midwife, she said it was fine but if I was needing to strain to poo I should take something to soften the stools. Hope that helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->